More Wikileaks

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More Wikileaks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 am Tax evaders about to be revealed.

So this former Swiss banker decides he's going to turn over information on 2000 accounts to Wikileaks so they can expose people who are hiding money to avoid paying taxes on it.

What an asshole.
Apparently there have been about 3 big Swiss leaks since 2000. I really have no issue with Switzerland being exposed for supporting these people's law-breaking.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More Wikileaks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:54 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 am Tax evaders about to be revealed.

So this former Swiss banker decides he's going to turn over information on 2000 accounts to Wikileaks so they can expose people who are hiding money to avoid paying taxes on it.

What an asshole.
Apparently there have been about 3 big Swiss leaks since 2000. I really have no issue with Switzerland being exposed for supporting these people's law-breaking.
I'm torn.

On one hand, my feelings on this issue have changed. I want folks to pay their fair share. I want them to be called out when they don't. ala Google not paying anything in one of the years in the early 2000s.

However, I still think government is out of control and asks for way too much money. They're inept, corrupt, bloated, and we should be paying them less. Thus, I get people wanting to hide money from them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”