The UFO thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The fact that this isn't the top story on every news site says a lot about where we are as a civilization, imho.
That they are not aliens?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The fact that this isn't the top story on every news site says a lot about where we are as a civilization, imho.
That they are not aliens?
Do you have proof of that because the Navy doesn't.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The UFO thread

Post by Vince »

Yeah, confirming that they were UFOs really only translates to "something was there and we don't know what it was".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

I'll readily admit that I'm projecting my own knowledge onto UFO stories, but watch the videos and tell me what those objects are because I've seen lots of nature videos and technology videos and those things aren't covered.

It's kind of like the satellite video from years ago that captured the things flying in space in orbit above the Earth that were making 90 degree turns. "Natural phenomenon" :wink:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The UFO thread

Post by Vince »

I'm fascinated by the stories. I think the Navy admitting that they never really intended for those to be released was intriguing. It will shape up to be a great story once we know more. But saying it should be on the front page of every news site is a bit premature. That's like saying every newspaper should have been running the story of the Watergate break-in the day after it happened.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'll readily admit that I'm projecting my own knowledge onto UFO stories, but watch the videos and tell me what those objects are because I've seen lots of nature videos and technology videos and those things aren't covered.

It's kind of like the satellite video from years ago that captured the things flying in space in orbit above the Earth that were making 90 degree turns. "Natural phenomenon" :wink:
When the stories came out a year or so ago, a bunch of people (probably in league with whatever super power governs Earth now) came up with reasonable arguments that they were not aliens. But I mean, I'm no expert. Let's see what the memelords find in Area 51 this weekend.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: But saying it should be on the front page of every news site is a bit premature.
As I said, I'm applying my own knowledge, and thus, have a bias.
TheCatt wrote: When the stories came out a year or so ago, a bunch of people (probably in league with whatever super power governs Earth now) came up with reasonable arguments that they were not aliens. But I mean, I'm no expert. Let's see what the memelords find in Area 51 this weekend.
1. The Area 51 raid was cancelled. I posted about that here somewhere.
2. They're super certain these aren't aliens, but have absolutely no idea what they are... That's not what I would call "sound logic".
TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The Area 51 raid was cancelled. I posted about that here somewhere.
THAT'S WHAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE
thibodeaux

The UFO thread

Post by thibodeaux »

LONG tweet thread. TLDR: aliens are really demons

Or use threadreader: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1096 ... 33120.html

Which I believe I mentioned is (spoiler alert) the REAL point of the movie Signs
Last edited by thibodeaux on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The Area 51 raid was cancelled. I posted about that here somewhere.
THAT'S WHAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE
I assure you that some asshat will be there filming live on FB or YouTube tomorrow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: LONG tweet thread. TLDR: aliens are really demons

Or use threadreader: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1096 ... 33120.html

Which I believe I mentioned is (spoiler alert) the REAL point of the movie Signs
Did you read it?
thibodeaux

The UFO thread

Post by thibodeaux »

Twice. It's very interesting. I can't confirm any of it bc drugs are bad and also I've never been alien-abducted.
Vince

The UFO thread

Post by Vince »

Okay, I've read about a third of it so far. I used to experience these night terrors and always felt like something was coming and getting me in the middle of the night. When I was 4 it was the Sandman. Later it was ghosts, then some sort of human home intruder and at some point aliens. Turns out it was just whatever would scare me at that point in my life. I was watching something and they were talking about night terrors, and I realized this was what I was experiencing (oddly, I only experienced them when I was single. When I shared a bed they never happened). I came to discover that they were tied back to my childhood sexual abuse. They very often are. While mine never had a sexual component to them, if they are rooted in childhood sexual abuse, I can see where they may be for others. I'd be curious to see how the real abuse correlated to how they were probed. Who got it anally and who got it orally. Some women said they were impregnated and the baby was removed. Were those women abused vaginally?

At any rate, mine stopped shortly after I figured out what was happening and while I was in therapy. Not sure if it was one or the other or both that ended them. Before the a night terror incident started, I'd be asleep and dreaming of something normal to the dream world and I'd start to drift back into consciousness. As I was coming back there would be a pulsing hum start up in my ears and at that point I'd always panic because even as I was waking up, I knew what was about to happen. In the past it was always a hella panic at that point in my brain as I tried to command my body to move and felt certain that someone or something was in the room with me. The last couple of times it happened, I had a better understanding of what was going on. Then it was just like, "oh, this again", and I'd just drift back to sleep.

Haven't had one in probably 15-16 years now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by GORDON »

It is amusing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

I see two women there. I'm guessing their self-esteem issues disappear when they're the center of attention...
Vince

The UFO thread

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I see two women there. I'm guessing their self-esteem issues disappear when they're the center of attention...
I think I see 4. The squatting/kneeling on on the left in the front row looks female, but the pose is really dude looking.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

He didn't mention JFK's real killer, which would have been the first thing anyone would search. Those files are still classified despite the recent release of most of them. (Trump, like previous presidents, refused to declassify some of the evidence.)

In fact, the "secrets" he confirms or disproves are lame as fuck. Like they were intentionally fed to him or just the level he had access to...

There is zero proof he had access to all secrets, and if Men in Black taught me anything, it's that some government agencies have no idea what the others are doing and/or know.