Halloween

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Kids costumes

More

Might be some overlap. I don't care.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

I don't know why, but the Chief Brody from Jaws made me laugh the loudest and it's not even the best of either batch. I think it's because the kids sold it so well.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote:I don't know why, but the Chief Brody from Jaws made me laugh the loudest and it's not even the best of either batch. I think it's because the kids sold it so well.
I thought it was the cigarette.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Yeah, that and his expression was perfect for it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Halloween

Post by Vince »

No.

Though now that I'm in the country, I care less.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

I can understand this. I don't know that I care much.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Halloween

Post by Vince »

I love the smaller kids enjoying Halloween. I hated the teens coming out after 8:00 with crap costumes just trying to score candy and generally looking like they were up to no good. Usually by 8:00 in our neighborhood the kids that SHOULD be out for Halloween were already done and I'd turn off the lights.

I'd like to see some stats on Halloween related misdemeanors for when Halloween falls on a weekend compared to weeknights.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I love the smaller kids enjoying Halloween. I hated the teens coming out after 8:00 with crap costumes just trying to score candy and generally looking like they were up to no good. Usually by 8:00 in our neighborhood the kids that SHOULD be out for Halloween were already done and I'd turn off the lights.

I'd like to see some stats on Halloween related misdemeanors for when Halloween falls on a weekend compared to weeknights.
Oh, certainly more mischief on the weekend. With the change in daylight saving, I hate how the start of trick or treating is also pushed back an hour or so, to allow for darkness, so 8pm comes quickly.
Vince

Halloween

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: With the change in daylight saving, I hate how the start of trick or treating is also pushed back an hour or so, to allow for darkness, so 8pm comes quickly.
I agree with that sentiment. But is that something the kids don't like, or is that more of a thing adults think about?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: With the change in daylight saving, I hate how the start of trick or treating is also pushed back an hour or so, to allow for darkness, so 8pm comes quickly.
I agree with that sentiment. But is that something the kids don't like, or is that more of a thing adults think about?
Both. The decorations/lights don't really do much in the light, disappointing the kids. And it doesn't feel like when I Was a kid, disappointing the adults.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by Leisher »

That is funny, but also looks really inconvenient.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

I'm guessing it is two pieces, where the seam is... but still pretty freaking bulky.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:51 am Found my dream home.
wtf?

I saw this house earlier in the week, and the pictures I just saw don't have the feature you probably meant.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:58 am the pictures I just saw don't have the feature you probably meant.
It honestly makes it even cooler.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:02 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:58 am the pictures I just saw don't have the feature you probably meant.
It honestly makes it even cooler.
Literally all gone for me. Show me your picture 11, here's mine
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, that's what I saw earlier in the week.