Elon Musk

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:09 am CNN, AP, Fox News, MSNBC, and CBS banned from twitter.
Put in Twitter timeout for 7 days, not banned. Has he lost it? Maybe. Not sure how any of us would respond when branded "public enemy #1" just because he picked "the wrong side" in a politically divided country. Had he said "vote Democrat" do you honestly believe any of this would be happening?

Also, you understand ALL of this was happening to conservatives before Musk took over, right? Can you show me where your outrage was then? Project Veritas was permanently suspended for videotaping a CNN product openly discussing how they intentionally manipulated their viewers to influence the election. Almost all of the restored accounts were conservatives and many were reporters and MSM outlets (albeit far right ones). Why was that not a problem then, but now it's worthy of constant posts and derailing of threads?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

I had a conversation the other day with someone, and it boiled down to

Is it better if someone:
Proclaims goodness, but behaves erratic.
Proclaims badness, and consistently behaves that way.

For me, the latter. I hate liars and hypocrites. The latter I know to get rid of, or get away from immediately. The charlatans bother me. Twitter before was the latter, now it's the former.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

The MSM is pretending Twitter picking a side is a new thing.

That includes the NYT (per that article) and considering your stance on liars and hypocrites, your direction seems set. (I'm just having a bit of fun with your words here.)

I get what you are saying and agree to a point. However, the complete lack of acknowledgement and/or condemnation by the majority on the left regarding Twitter's actions prior to Musk speaks volumes. It says more about them and their stances than they realize and what it says isn't good. Their reactions now are only further proving that.

The hypocrisy is undefendable so it just goes ignored by the hypocrites. If you're (generally speaking, not YOU) someone who praises "democracy" and "every person's voice should be heard", yet refuse to acknowledge what had been going on previously and/or are upset with it now, you're a blatant liar or a delusional one. P.S. You're also a bigot and the primary reason why this country is so divided. Asshats like you vote for letters instead of a person's qualifications and platforms. This isn't the Sharks vs the Jets out here. Lives are at stake. So maybe stop choosing "the lesser of two evils", incumbents running for the 8th time, men with dementia, literal Dr. Evil, and so on.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Give me an honest scoundrel any day. I hate liars and hypocrites.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

That's just funny.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

I'm feeling extra big brained and smart, today.

I'm an avid and frequent Twitter user, and my thoughts are quite profound and important. But I don't like the guy who owns Twitter now. He's something like the richest person in the world, and has fuck-you money. And he tells people "fuck you" like all the time. And he's sometimes vindictive. So I think I'll insult him on his own platform and I know there will be no consequences, because I'm incredibly intelligent.

~ A lot of people, these days
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:23 pm Rumor has it that someone used it to attack his car leaving the airport, which at the time was carrying his child. I didn't do any research to verify that rumor.
That was the rumor, and why "twitter" banned all this stuff. But,
Nope
A confrontation between a member of Elon Musk’s security team and an alleged stalker that Musk blamed on a Twitter account that tracked his jet took place at a gas station 26 miles from Los Angeles International Airport and 23 hours after the @ElonJet account had last located the jet’s whereabouts.
The timing and location of the confrontation cast doubt on Musk’s assertion that the account had posted real-time “assassination coordinates” that threatened his family and led to the confrontation. Police have said little about the incident but say they’ve yet to find a link between the confrontation and the jet-tracking account.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

We should start our own social media where we can ban people for the RIGHT reasons, like how twitter did it in the past, not all willy nilly like he does.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Damn. I don't even use twitter, but he's making so many people have hysterics that I hope he never goes. It's seriously entertaining.

Honestly, I felt the same way about Trump. And watching the idiots whining about Obama nonstop. And don't even get me started on W..... they invented Bush Derangement Syndrome around that guy.

People who care about such things, and aren't getting paid for it, are stupid. Some game theorist around the Clinton era figured out "division" was the way the best way to do business (we're no longer Americans, we're teams and you're either with us, or nazis), and if you buy into it you're a chump.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:21 pm figured out "division" was the way the best way to do business (we're no longer Americans, we're teams and you're either with us, or nazis), and if you buy into it you're a chump.
Yep
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

FrEeDoM oF sPeEcH
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:02 am FrEeDoM oF sPeEcH
I see a lot of stuff like this from both sides and I truly wonder who does the banning, if there is automation to it, if there are people on the Twitter team intentionally causing chaos, and so on. One thing I do know is that Elon isn't sitting at a terminal banning people and tweets himself. The dude took over Twitter a month ago now, but apparently that's enough time to have it working exactly as promised and have a team fully hired that is on board with said vision. <--Said every non-tech person ever... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Still unclear how that post violates Hateful conduct rules.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:51 am Still unclear how that post violates Hateful conduct rules.
Well, you dodged my point, but I agree.

Also unclear is why it's still up along with a whole shit ton of other sketches she did (follow the tweet to see them all). Call me crazy, but when ban a tweet it should be gone, right? Someone said the "or I pick up the pencil again" is the threat. I guess?:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:20 pm Call me crazy, but when ban a tweet it should be gone, right? Someone said the "or I pick up the pencil again" is the threat. I guess?:
She was warned to delete it, so maybe that leaves it up until it's acknowledged? I dunno. Twitter's chaos. Maybe the warning already got reverted.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Flh-_coaAAE ... name=large
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:24 pm She was warned to delete it, so maybe that leaves it up until it's acknowledged? I dunno. Twitter's chaos. Maybe the warning already got reverted.
Which was my point. :D

Attacking Elon for every single thing is very much in the Bush/Haliburton/Global Warming zone.

Isn't it funny how when Elon used to be a darling of the left his faults and mistakes were never discussed? He then bashes the D party and says don't vote for them and suddenly he's insane, evil, "literally worse than Hitler/Trump", a moron, didn't build his wealth on his own, people are boycotting his products, and he's personally responsible for anything that goes wrong in any of his companies down to the smallest detail.

If it wasn't for all the paid D operatives on Twitter constantly attacking Musk with the same messages I'd almost think there was an active discrediting campaign being run against him. Meanwhile, there's credible evidence that Bill Gates was a flyer to Epstein Island, is mysteriously buying up farmland, arguably did less than Musk to make his fortune, was somehow a credible source for medical advice during Covid, and helped push the disaster that is Common Core on the U.S. education system goes uncriticized. I wonder which way he votes?

Elon's lucky this isn't Russia or he would have accidentally fallen off a roof by now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:41 pm Attacking Elon for every single thing is very much in the Bush/Haliburton/Global Warming zone.
He said the buck stops with him.

Common Core is better than what came before it, I apologize if it's too hard for you to understand, though :) Bill Gates' farmland isn't mysterious, all the info is out there.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Common core has been a disaster.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:37 pm Common core has been a disaster.
Common Core has been great. It's implementation by some school districts has been terrible.