Elon Musk

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:51 pm That being said, if you're that weak that you can't say no to something like a cookie sale, maybe you shouldn't be allowed out in public without an adult.
Srsly.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:06 pm
GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:51 pm That being said, if you're that weak that you can't say no to something like a cookie sale, maybe you shouldn't be allowed out in public without an adult.
Srsly.
Well, not everyone is a badass MFer like you two!! :roll:

Seriously though, it has more to do with bosses doing it than Becky from Accounting. For example, I have kids and one of them was a girl scout. Had I come into the office asking my direct report if he wanted to buy some cookies it would be pretty inappropriate. He might actually want some for his own kids, but he also might only buy a box because his family desperately depends on his income.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

It just put me in mind if something my gf always says, that it is scary for a woman to say no to a man's overtures in public, because she never knows if he will react violently to rejection. And my response to her is that if the women are unable to behave like grownups, perhaps they aren't. I continued with "maybe the Saudis have the right idea, not allowing women in public without a male family member. Keeps their women safer.". I have other good traits though that kept her from breaking up with me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

To be fair to you, based on her statement there is logic in your statement...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

We live in a world where a while bunch of people think "I said yes because I was afraid to say no" is a valid claim of sexual assault. And I say these people shouldn't be allowed out without an adult to help them say no, in order to avoid making rape charges.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

Just came across this on Twitter and laughed a lot.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Elon: Make Twitter more fun and more like Tik Tok

Also Elon:
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

To be fair to your nemesis, his actual quote about TikTok (simply about their algorithms) which is not in the link you posted, does give it some context that doesn't make it seem so contradictory.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:59 pm To be fair to your nemesis, his actual quote about TikTok (simply about their algorithms) which is not in the link you posted, does give it some context that doesn't make it seem so contradictory.
Tiktok's algorithm IS the virus.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:59 pm To be fair to your nemesis, his actual quote about TikTok (simply about their algorithms) which is not in the link you posted, does give it some context that doesn't make it seem so contradictory.
Tiktok's algorithm IS the virus.
Fair point. What's worse, their algorithm that intentionally simulates the effects drugs have or their spying on TikTok users' data?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:05 pm What's worse, their algorithm that intentionally simulates the effects drugs have or their spying on TikTok users' data?
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

One of Musk's 7 children files to be legally separated from him and wants their gender legally changed too.

Odd article. It's clearly an attempt to smear him (Where's the "Musk's other 6 children love him and have no issues with him" article?), but once you read the whole thing you realize all they had was the headline and nothing else. There is an attempt made to link him to anti-trans stuff through one tweet, but it's really flimsy and they begrudgingly admit his company keeps getting 100% scores as a good place for LGBQT people to work.

Hate driven by politics is a weird motivator.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

Has twins.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Heh, leans in to the scandal.
thibodeaux

Elon Musk

Post by thibodeaux »

Can't find it now but somewhere on the interewbs somebody said:

"The Twitter deal is the only thing Elon pulled out of."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:54 am Can't find it now but somewhere on the interewbs somebody said:

"The Twitter deal is the only thing Elon pulled out of."
Guess he realized after the backlash that no one there would sleep with him.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

I'd challenge that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:14 pm I'd challenge that.
By working at twitter and sleeping with him?
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Yes, Twitter is full of self-important people who are nowhere near as wise as they think they are.

And a lot of them are women and he's the richest man in the world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:09 pm And a lot of them are women and he's the richest man in the world.
You didn't need any other clarifier.