Elon Musk

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

So now liberals will love Musk.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

Musk responded to that with laughing.

I'm going to say Musk's version of events would be far more accurate than Trump's. If we've learned anything about Trump over the past half decade, it's that he sees the world through very narcissistic glasses.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:26 am I'm going to say Musk's version of events would be far more accurate than Trump's. If we've learned anything about Trump over the past half decade, it's that he sees the world through very narcissistic glasses.
Yes.

I was just entertained by two douche bags going after each other.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

Also, any person with an ounce of wisdom is going to know how to play Trump like a fiddle.

Just blow smoke up his ass and he'll do anything for you. Make him feel like you need him and "he's won the deal".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, marry someone, then trade down (up?) to their daughter...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Elon Musk is a troll. Remember his bullshit rescue plan for the kids in Thailand? His calling someone else pedo guy for no reason? He is a steaming pile of feces, on a good day.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Show us on the doll where Elon touched you
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Douche nugget.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

The bottom tweet is the first tweet, not the end. That's what started the conversation. Then Elon asked him what he's done to fix things.

I saw those original tweets. Never saw Eric's tweets explaining what he sees. I also don't have the tech knowledge of Twitter to know if he's right about that stuff or not and I'm betting Brianna Wu doesn't have a fucking clue either.

So are we just taking Eric's word that he is right about those things because we hate Elon or do we know for a fact that Eric's points were valid? Four hours passed between Eric's posts and the firing tweet. I'm guessing discussions took place during that time between Elon and Eric or Elon and other techs?

FYI, I looked up Brianna's Twitter and she works for "RebellionPAC". One guess as to which party they stump for... Also, her timeline is almost exclusively anti-Musk posts, so maybe take her shit with a grain of salt?

Also, billionaires are dicks.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Is there a universe where you can slam your boss publicly and not get fired?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:59 am So are we just taking Eric's word that he is right about those things because we hate Elon or do we know for a fact that Eric's points were valid? Four hours passed between Eric's posts and the firing tweet.
I'm going to guess the person working on the app for 6 years, and was presently working on it when fired, knows more than Elon. He frequently spouts off without verification.
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:59 am Also, billionaires are dicks.
#notallbillionaires
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:18 am I'm going to guess the person working on the app for 6 years, and was presently working on it when fired, knows more than Elon. He frequently spouts off without verification.
No argument. I did point out there was a four hour window where Elon and Eric could have talked or Elon and other programmers/engineers who may have pointed out Eric was full of shit. You, in this thread, called out Gordon on something about programming, which I know shit about.

So again, why are we taking Eric's explanations as the gospel truth?

And I'm JUST as ready to say Elon fired him just for speaking up. I'm just not willing to declare things one way or the other simply based on what I want to be true.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:18 am #notallbillionaires
Still waiting for proof of that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:32 am You, in this thread, called out Gordon on something about programming, which I know shit about.
There's a difference between getting "called out" and stepping away from the conversation because the tone gets too nasty, too fast, for no reason.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:32 am Still waiting for proof of that.
It was really just a joke. (#notallmen, and what not)
GORDON wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:32 am You, in this thread, called out Gordon on something about programming, which I know shit about.
There's a difference between getting "called out" and stepping away from the conversation because the tone gets too nasty, too fast, for no reason.
I wasn't being nasty, I was being direct. As you admitted, your programming skills are out of date. Your point of view is based on a lot of simplifying assumptions, etc. That's all.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:52 am It was really just a joke. (#notallmen, and what not)
Cool, but depressing. I was genuinely wanting you to prove me wrong. :D

Even when billionaires do nice things it always seems to have a hidden purpose.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:25 pm Cool, but depressing. I was genuinely wanting you to prove me wrong.
Warren Buffett is the best I've got.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:44 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:25 pm Cool, but depressing. I was genuinely wanting you to prove me wrong.
Warren Buffett is the best I've got.
He has scandals. Not to mention his fake promise of donating half his fortune to charity. 1. Not til he's dead. 2. Anyone with financial sense would know giving half their fortune to charity would be like dumping it into the ocean. But he's been great about hiding his personal life, so he seems clean there, but could have financed Epstein island for all we know.

Cuban was my vote, but if we're being really honest, his personality and Elon's are similar. Both are prone to temper tantrums, something Cuban at least has admitted and learned to control. Although, I would argue Elon, giving credit where it's due, is relentless as a worker where I think Cuban is more casual after making his nut.