Elon Musk

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

Had a college recruiter tell me the nickname of the remedial math class for freshman is now "common core recovery."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:56 pm He said the buck stops with him.
Yeah, that statement is why the left side of the political spectrum is holding his to task on minor shit. :roll:

Thanks for the response Neo.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:38 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:37 pm Common core has been a disaster.
Common Core has been great. It's implementation by some school districts has been terrible.
CC is a disaster. Math scores have dropped and one of the two people who invented it said using it to replace what we had in schools is not why it was created.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

I cannot say this emphatically enough, but "Fuck China".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

I have been unplugged for the past day and a half, so I have no context.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:59 pm I have been unplugged for the past day and a half, so I have no context.
An Icelandic employee of twitter found out they were locked out of their stuff, but had never been notified of being fired. He tried emailing HR/Elon/etc, got nothing. So he tweeted at Elon, who made fun of him for being disabled and hardly working, etc, and assured him he had been fired.

Then Elon had to eat crow.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/tech/elo ... index.html
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

You can't mock someone because they're disabled, but it's ok to mock anyone else?

That's ableist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:31 am You can't mock someone because they're disabled, but it's ok to mock anyone else?
It's not ok to mock someone for disabilities they cannot control; It's OK to mock people doing stupid things, I assume.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:40 am It's not ok to mock someone for disabilities they cannot control
Not defending Elon here as I would not mock someone for a disability, but I'm not sure this is correct. I think to PC people this is a line one should never cross, but to the people with the actual disability they don't want that line there. (Exceptions exist, obviously.) Daniel Tosh has a bit about this when he was working for Make-A-Wish and how the kids wanted to be ribbed and teased just like anyone else.

Isn't treating all people the same equality?
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

Subpeonaed for Epstein lawsuit.

This is against JP Morgan and Musk might have been introduced to JP Morgan via Epstein. No wrongdoing implied.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

The graphic was a meh joke based on AOC and Musk's weird hate flirty relationship. However, Maze's comment is a home run. Well done.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Feels a bit generic on both sides, taking a single letter, even in a specific context.
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:31 am Feels a bit generic on both sides, taking a single letter, even in a specific context.
Agreed.

However, you'd think Musk would have someone looking into this stuff before they go live with it. Unless he did and just doesn't give a fuck or wants to challenge it. Meta's is extremely broad and, unless I'm unaware of a product, not even in use.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »

Hilarious!

Musk should respond with something along the lines of, "Easy to be reliable when nobody uses your platform."
GORDON
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by GORDON »

"I'd use your platform but I'm still under the age of 70."
Leisher
Site Admin

Elon Musk

Post by Leisher »