Man arrested for videotaping cops at his door.

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:29 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:53 pm This car plate system is almost all they need to track your whereabouts 100% of the time, without warrant or reason, whenever you leave your home. This is not insignificant.
OK, so the 2% of their life they are in a car, got it.
Verses the .001% of the people who will experience crime like in your examples. Got it.
0.2% of people are victims of violent crimes every year, but please, tell me more about your imaginary world. And that doesn't include non-violent crimes. And still, we're talking about vehicles, not the people in them. And it's not like camera coverage would ever be 100%. It's just better than what we have today, and we should do what we can as a society to reasonably limit crime and catch criminals.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Federal government data from 2018 show that just 46% of all violent crimes reported to police were "cleared" with an arrest, and 18% of property crimes were cleared.
Those are rookie numbers, gotta pump those numbers up!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:01 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:29 pm OK, so the 2% of their life they are in a car, got it.
Verses the .001% of the people who will experience crime like in your examples. Got it.
0.2% of people are victims of violent crimes every year, but please, tell me more about your imaginary world.
Sometimes you come off really nasty.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:33 pm Sometimes you come off really nasty.
Like Janet Jackson?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm not sure if there'sa better thread for this. Brain not working gud yet 2day.

Toledo Police rolling out license plate trackers. They assure it it will only be used to track any and all cars that pass in front of it, nothing invasive.

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/local ... 4424d086fe

My predictions:

TheCatt: you have no expectation of privacy in public. I am fine being tracked because I don't do anything wrong.
Cakedaddy: Your phone already tracks you. Being worried about this is stupid.
Leisher: "I think everyone makes a point but I won't take a hard stance either way."
Thibideaux: COVID is overblown and everyone is stupid.

Me: I'm not sure. On the one hand, thieves are scum and this might be a handy tool. On the other hand, I don't trust government officials to not be pieces of shit, ever. On the third hand, Toledo Police jail is overloaded, and this won't actually help them do their jobs better because they can't jail anyone else, not even when a guy recklessly jumps a curb and runs over your kid. So what's the point of identifying more crime that they probably wont prosecute?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

25 doesn't seem like very many.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:41 am Leisher: "I think everyone makes a point but I won't take a hard stance either way."
My hard stance is that both extremes are wrong on pretty much every single issue.

That being said, virtual Cakedaddy is right that our phones track everything we do and everywhere we go, but virtual Catt is right that you have no expectations to privacy in public. However, real you is 100% correct that government officials are not to be trusted. Not because they want to enslave us or limit us, local politicians aren't that ambitious or they wouldn't be local, but rather because they want more of our money. This will inevitably lead to some "road tax".

So as they stand right now, fine. AS LONG AS THEY ACTUALLY START GOING AFTER AND LOCKING UP ACTUAL CRIMINALS!!!

However, once the road tax goes in, Toledo residents need to hold a tea party and cut all of these things down. Not kidding at all about that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”