Afghanistan = VietNam

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by GORDON »

Doesn't the UN have assets and manpower?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by TheCatt »

Failures were bipartisan and long running in this opinion piece.

Also, I will fault the rest of the world who did not help.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by TheCatt »

Republicans covering tracks
In the wake of the Taliban’s recent capture of Kabul, Afghanistan’s capital, it looks like the Republican Party is quietly scrubbing traces of the former president’s deals with the militant Islamist group.

The GOP has pulled a webpage praising Donald Trump over his administration’s “historic peace agreement with the Taliban.” The page, which has been archived here, was first instated in the midst of last year’s presidential election.

“Trump has continued to take the lead in peace talks as he signed a historic peace agreement with the Taliban in Afghanistan, which would end America’s longest war,” the now-deleted page read. It also noted that while the now ex-president has “championed peace,” Joe Biden had pushed “endless wars.” Elsewhere on the page, the GOP noted that Trump had “taken action to defeat ISIS and eliminate dangerous leaders.”

It’s worth noting here that Abdul Ghani Baradar, who co-founded the Taliban in Afghanistan and went on to become the organization’s top-ranking political chief, was released from Pakistani jail at the U.S.’s request while Trump was in office.
Leisher
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by Leisher »

There's simply no way this has gone on through four presidents to not have been bungled by both parties, and yes, the UN and other countries' complete inaction might not make them as guilty, but it certainly doesn't make them innocent.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by GORDON »

It'll all be fine for a decade, or so.

Most of the media will absolve the current administration of blame, and stop talking about it all together in a couple weeks. The atrocities about to be committed by the Taliban on the people in that country... especially the revenge stuff.... won't be reported much, in the USA. The Taliban will settle in, and reopen the extremist schools, and when the current 8 year olds are 18 they will be plenty ready to commit some new suicide attacks on the west. No one will remember anyone now saying "this was a clusterfuck, and shouldn't have happened." Every single person will be shocked and claimed no one could have known.
Leisher
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:54 pm Most of the media will absolve the current administration of blame, and stop talking about it all together in a couple weeks.
CNN has been shockingly negative towards Biden about this situation.
(Their current full front page headline: "Biden points finger at others for the unfolding crisis")

MSNBC has Biden's balls resting on their chin.

Fox is pretending Trump wouldn't be going through the same thing right now. Fox will definitely not let this die and I assure you we'll be hearing a LOT about it in 2024.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by TheCatt »

Republicans pretending to care about people from other countries is a little entertaining.
Leisher
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, you can say that about both parties.
GORDON
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by GORDON »

The democrats have a better image for supposedly caring about people more, which pushes my "hypocrisy" button and makes me dislike them more. They care only about their jobs, and raking in the bribes, just like the republicans.

Give me someone who's honest about being a shithead, over a shithead who denies being a shithead, any day.
Leisher
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by GORDON »

Not even The Onion is going to cover for Biden.

https://www.theonion.com/critics-warn-w ... 1847496343

He should probably go hide at Camp David for a few more days.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by TheCatt »

A see a lot of criticism online, but nothing constructive, no other ideas, no plans, no anything.
GORDON
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by GORDON »

"Don't pull out yet because they would collapse" is not a thing no one had ever said.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:36 pm "Don't pull out yet because they would collapse" is not a thing no one had ever said.
OK, and did they have billions and billions of dollars to keep this going?
GORDON
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by GORDON »

Heh. To circle around to my previous post, "How are we going to pay for this?" is something no one in DC has said for a long time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by Leisher »

Last U.S. soldier leaves (even though there are still Americans and Afghan allies trapped there, but who cares about that...), and the Taliban declares victory.

I mean, I guess it's ok to declare victory even though, literally, nothing you did actually won you anything?

Equipment you see in pictures was permanently disabled.

Meanwhile, the new peaceful rule of the Taliban begins:
Afghan folk singer murdered.

Female Afghan YouTuber murdered.
GORDON
Site Admin

Afghanistan = VietNam

Post by GORDON »

Saw a pic today of, supposedly, Taliban using Blackhawk helicopters to hang people by the neck.