Illinois

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Illinois

Post by Leisher »

HB 3653 is a huge police reform bill passed by Ds there and goes into effect in Jan 2023.

There is some legit good stuff in there. That's not sarcasm. There's a lot to like about some of the police reforms within this bill. First and foremost is the prevention of them buying military grade weapons. Some of the "good" items seem oddly obvious, but I guess codifying things is important.

Unfortunately, there are also some items that are obviously going to lead to pretty significant issues, like eliminating cash bail. There's also stuff that NBC either chose not to include in their "complete coverage":

Here's a mayor discussing it:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Illinois

Post by TheCatt »

If those things are true... Wtf?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Illinois

Post by Leisher »

I'm seriously hoping they are exaggerations and not reality just for the safety of the people of Illinois.

But man, if they're true...it's madness.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Illinois

Post by GORDON »

What is a "military grade" weapon?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Illinois

Post by Leisher »

According to this law: Nothing .50 cal or above, vehicles with tracks, grenades, and bayonets.
GORDON
Site Admin

Illinois

Post by GORDON »

I've seen farmer tractors with tracks. Military grade farm equipment.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."