Single Person Flying Thing

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Link
For a price of a luxury electric car, you can now buy a personal electric plane that can take you to as high as 1,500 meters (4,921 feet) in the sky without a pilot license.

The Swedish startup Jetson Aero on Thursday unveiled its first commercial product, a single-seat aluminum aircraft called Jetson, available for just $92,000 in the U.S. starting next year.

For that price, you will get a half assembled kit, which includes an aluminum space frame, motor controllers, propellers and motors, as well as an assembly guide.

Weighing only 40 kilograms (88 pounds) when empty, Jetson One is categorized as an ultralight aircraft in the U.S., which doesn’t require a pilot license to fly.

The single-seat aircraft can carry a passenger weighing up to 90 kilograms (198 pounds). The operator uses a throttle lever, a joystick and pedals to control the aircraft’s movements, while a computer software makes sure that it’s stable during flight. To ensure safety, the vehicle is also equipped with Lidar sensors for terrain tracking and obstacle avoidance and a ballistic parachute that can be deployed in no time in case of a motor failure or battery outage.
No fatties.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I hope the hard points for gun mounts are clearly marked.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 pmNo fatties.
This is funnier when you realize someone will probably try to sue them for discrimination.

Gordon and I know a guy who pilots his own...thing...all the time. He posts videos on FB a lot. No cockpit. Just a long wing, a seat, and an engine.

Fuck that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:28 am
TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 pmNo fatties.
This is funnier when you realize someone will probably try to sue them for discrimination.

Gordon and I know a guy who pilots his own...thing...all the time. He posts videos on FB a lot. No cockpit. Just a long wing, a seat, and an engine.

Fuck that.
A friend of mine paramotors, which feels a little insane, but at least you always have a chute.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Looking forward to being decapitated by one real soon.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."