A thread for Texa$

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Troy

A thread for Texa$

Post by Troy »

Those in glass houses...

Goddamn liberals and their renewables are now ruining Texas. Oh wait, All of their infrastructure was built by a heavy conservative majority in the last 50 years, and can't seem to handle cold NOR heat. How could this be!?

In 2 months, when California burn down around me and my power is cut off, I'll regret this post, maybe. CA just spent some of our surplus on heavy duty helicopters and other actions to fight wildfires, so there's that, I guess.

e: Seriously, I've been through west Texas. Talk about a place you could put endless solar farms, and nobody would even notice, except perhaps that the AC worked
Leisher
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by Leisher »

I really don't think there's a perfectly run city, state, or country on the planet, but what good does it do anyone for their politician to tweet out nonsense? Wasn't Cruz the one who ran to Mexico this winter when Texas' power grid couldn't handle the cold?
Troy wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:11 am e: Seriously, I've been through west Texas. Talk about a place you could put endless solar farms, and nobody would even notice, except perhaps that the AC worked
I lived in Eastern New Mexico for three years and can confirm. They could set up a solar farm there to supply the entire nation with electricity. The only problem is it would be very vulnerable to tornados.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by GORDON »

There are a couple facts that will be interesting to revisit in 20 years:

1. Texas has been doing better than CA financially for the last coupe decads.

2. Texas has been filling with people deserting CA fot the last couple decades, and the joke is "ha ha we're gonna turn you blue."

So I want to see how that plays out.

Third fact:

In 20 years no one will care when I say "told ya so, 20 years ago." No one will learn nuffin.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

A thread for Texa$

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:25 am 1. Texas has been doing better than CA financially for the last coupe decads.
uh. Cite sources, please. California GDP growth % outpaced China in the past 5 years. Texas wasn't even in the horse race.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... -s-economy

Looks like they took our most unproductive.
GORDON
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by GORDON »

i dont know. that' what they say. citing sources is fascist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:22 am Wasn't Cruz the one who ran to Mexico this winter when Texas' power grid couldn't handle the cold?
Yes.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:22 am Seriously, I've been through west Texas. Talk about a place you could put endless solar farms, and nobody would even notice, except perhaps that the AC worked
The Big Empty. Whole lotta nothing. Still gotta move that power, though.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

A thread for Texa$

Post by Troy »

Stepping off a plane in Dallas - how the hell did people even live here before AC was invented? Gross.
TheCatt
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 pm Stepping off a plane in Dallas - how the hell did people even live here before AC was invented? Gross.
GORDON
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by GORDON »

I honestly have no trouble with hiking in 110F in the arizona desert.

90 humid degrees in orlando is torture.
Leisher
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by TheCatt »

"Duh"

That's how demand response works.
GORDON
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by GORDON »

As long as they opted in.... Then they opted in.
Troy

A thread for Texa$

Post by Troy »

Is there a Libertarian term for vehemently fighting for freedoms and policies that eventually bite you in the ass?

Because there should be.
GORDON
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by GORDON »

Personally, I opted out of allowing our local power company from installing a smart meter. I already have a smart thermostat, our utility doesn't give you different rates at different times, and they have a track record of saying one thing and doing another in order to cost you more money.

So, pass.
TheCatt
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:21 pm Is there a Libertarian term for vehemently fighting for freedoms and policies that eventually bite you in the ass?

Because there should be.
Cruzing.
GORDON
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by GORDON »

I drove through TX the other day on I-40. I don't think there was ever a time I wasn't in a wind farm.

Also had a close-up view of a turbine that burned. That was interesting. Driving at the time. Couldn't get a pic.
Leisher
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by GORDON »

That won't end well.

They're going to keep fighting for overpopulation even as the last of this boat sinks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by TheCatt »

Texas' grid has a shortfall of $420M thanks to a < 1 week winter storm.
Leisher
Site Admin

A thread for Texa$

Post by Leisher »