Today in being fabulous

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

I'm sure the non-binary lesbian disabled Spider lover in the world is very happy.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

I really don't get why LGB folks are pushing back against wokeness. Who wouldn't want to be associated with people trying to normalize incest, beastiality, and pedophilia...

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

I'm pretty sure you'd watch some lesbian "twin" action.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

What does my research have to do with anything?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder how many companies right wingers will have to boycott this month.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:18 am I wonder how many companies right wingers will have to boycott this month.
I did not think Chick-Fil-A would make the list this month, but they did. If you've seen the video, it is pretty embarrassing and disgusting. Groveling at someone's feet and being subservient to them is not "equality". It also doesn't mean shit to apologize for something you had nothing to do with to someone who did not experience the violation.

P.S. There are gays who boycott these companies this month too because while they are pretending to support gay rights in most of the world, they don't change their logos in Muslim countries.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:22 pm I did not think Chick-Fil-A would make the list this month, but they did. If you've seen the video, it is pretty embarrassing and disgusting. Groveling at someone's feet and being subservient to them is not "equality". It also doesn't mean shit to apologize for something you had nothing to do with to someone who did not experience the violation.
I haven't and I don't care. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:03 pmI don't care.
Won't stop me from eating there.

The video will make you realize Michael Scott wasn't too far from reality at most companies. The guy really thought he was doing something ultra cool, but it really is just awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Pandering to special groups at its finest.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:27 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:03 pmI don't care.
Won't stop me from eating there.

The video will make you realize Michael Scott wasn't too far from reality at most companies. The guy really thought he was doing something ultra cool, but it really is just awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Pandering to special groups at its finest.
Fine, so I went and saw the video. Honestly, it's fine, who cares. JFC everyone blows everything out of proportion these days.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:58 pm Honestly, it's fine, who cares. JFC everyone blows everything out of proportion these days.
He doesn't suck the guy off, but it's fucking disgusting behavior for a "leader" in a very public forum. So I care. Sorry, but acting subservient to someone based on their skin color and because of something nobody alive did and nobody alive experienced is a terrible example. People are right to be pissed.

You're not going to be spared just because you married a minority you know! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:02 pm He doesn't suck the guy off, but it's fucking disgusting behavior for a "leader" in a very public forum. So I care. Sorry, but acting subservient to someone based on their skin color and because of something nobody alive did and nobody alive experienced is a terrible example. People are right to be pissed.
I would argue you're unfamiliar with the rite of foot-washing in Christianity, which Dan Cathay ostensibly is very familiar with based on his professed religiosity. And that this is merely an extension of this.

Also, that being all said, everything I saw on twitter said Chick-fil-a was being canceled for having a DEI person, not the foot thing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

Maybe biblical foot-washing was a metaphor for a beejer.

It would actually make more sense, in context.

I think it's dumb to funnel money into diversity bullshit. "Don't discriminate based on race/gender/whatever." the end.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:28 pm I would argue you're unfamiliar with the rite of foot-washing in Christianity, which Dan Cathay ostensibly is very familiar with based on his professed religiosity. And that this is merely an extension of this.
I will accept that argument, but have seen far too many white people, literally, kissing the feet of black people in a misguided effort to make amends for slavery. It's insane.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:28 pm Also, that being all said, everything I saw on twitter said Chick-fil-a was being canceled for having a DEI person, not the foot thing.
Yeah, that's propaganda. You should dump those people from your timeline.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:08 am Yeah, that's propaganda. You should dump those people from your timeline.
It's people who aren't my timeline, like twitter just puts random people in there, mostly conservative ones.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

This is the Chick-fil-a story I keep seeing
RawStory pointed out that Rep. Dan Bishop (R-N.C.) called Chick-fil-A “abhorrent” while speaking to Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk on Wednesday.
Kirk tweeted on Tuesday that Chick-fil-A had gone “WOKE” by committing to a “Diversity, Equity, Inclusion agenda.”
The freakout seemed to be prompted by a Monday post from podcaster Joey Mannarino. “We have a problem,” he tweeted, “Chick-Fil-A just hired a VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This is bad. Very bad. I don’t want to have to boycott.”

Chick-fil-A’s website includes a quote from Erick McReynolds, VP of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion stating that the company is “committed to ensuring mutual respect, understanding and dignity everywhere we do business.” McReynolds has worked at Chick-fil-A for years, according to LinkedIn.

Several other conservatives logged their outrage. Cringe-poster Benny Johnson posted a video calling for a boycott of the fast food chain over the company’s “Anti-White, Anti-Christian Woke Agenda,” while Ian Miles Cheong, a right-wing influencer with over 600,000 followers, declared: “Chick-fil-A has gone woke.” Columnist Todd Starnes wrote that the company’s DEI division “explains the fried cauliflower sandwiches and kale salad.”

Johnson posted another video on Wednesday, calling Chick-fil-A “the biggest fraud ever pulled on American Christians, that this is some type of Christian company — shame on them, shame on them.”

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

That's weird. I've seen none of that from the right wing or left wing folks in my feed. They're just talking about the VP doing that interview.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:26 pm That's weird. I've seen none of that from the right wing or left wing folks in my feed. They're just talking about the VP doing that interview.
What a weird world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:44 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:26 pm That's weird. I've seen none of that from the right wing or left wing folks in my feed. They're just talking about the VP doing that interview.
What a weird world.
The algorithms suck...or work perfectly?