Today in being fabulous

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:37 am There may not be a so-called gay agenda, but those people sure seem to be tired of it.
Mexico was tired of the "gay agenda" before it existed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

I always expect push-back when something gets forced on people.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

CNN Business article praising BK for trolling Chick-Fil-A via a donation to alphabet organizations.

Can't help but think the timing of the article is interesting, and could probably be called tone deaf.

Why?

Because right now more and more people are calling out corporations for their fake support of alphabet groups and causes in the name of profits. This seems like one of those obvious moments.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:06 pm Because right now more and more people are calling out corporations for their fake support of alphabet groups and causes in the name of profits. This seems like one of those obvious moments.
Yes, giving money to a gay rights organization is totally fake and terrible support, and they are worse than Dan Cathay.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:12 pmDan Cathay
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:12 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:06 pm Because right now more and more people are calling out corporations for their fake support of alphabet groups and causes in the name of profits. This seems like one of those obvious moments.
Yes, giving money to a gay rights organization is totally fake and terrible support, and they are worse than Dan Cathay.
The money given is a pittance. Using that donation in a campaign to hurt a competitor betrays the intent of the donation.

I'm sure Jeffrey Epstein probably donated lots of money to children's charities over the years. Should we build him a statue to honor him? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:25 pm Using that donation in a campaign to hurt a competitor betrays the intent of the donation.
Does it? "We support gays" versus "We dont think yall should be allowed to get married"?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:51 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:25 pm Using that donation in a campaign to hurt a competitor betrays the intent of the donation.
Does it? "We support gays" versus "We dont think yall should be allowed to get married"?
According to many in the alphabet community, yes. "The worst racists aren't the ones who called you the N-word to your face."

Also, show me the proof that BK supports the gay community besides their once a year public stunts. A token donation during Pride month is not a dedication to ensuring equality within their culture, particularly when they use that donation as a way to take a shot at a competitor.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

BK kind of turned corporate support of gays into a punchline.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

Billy Eilish accused of queerbaiting.
queerbaiting often manifests in the form of a coded romance or other type of representation that alludes to being LGBTQ, but never actually confirms or depicts that representation
I also like to call it a common source of frustration for both lesbians and straight men... :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:51 pm
As I said, they don't support gays, they support making money by pretending to be/support whatever people want to hear.

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

Nope, no bribes there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:41 pm Billy Eilish accused of queerbaiting.
She followed up by either coming out or trolling some more.

Call me crazy, but who gives a shit? Also, why do we need to know? Isn't someone's sexuality none of our business?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

I'm developing a theory that these current problems started a few decades ago when we started telling everyone that their opinions were always valid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

People are insane.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Troy

Today in being fabulous

Post by Troy »

These are great. Saw one they missed so had to act.

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

All of those are awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

Truck kills pedestrian and hurts others during alphabet parade.

The CNN article, of course, doesn't cover this, but the mayor immediately declared it to be a terrorist attack.

Fox seems to be the better source for this story.
The Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus later issued a statement: "Our fellow Chorus members were those injured and the driver was also a part of the Chorus family. To my knowledge, this was not an attack on the LGBTQ community."
That mayor is an idiot and should be punished for immediately trying to spread a message of hate.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

Currently in Key West. There's the occasional pride flag here and there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm Currently in Key West. There's the occasional pride flag here and there.
lol