Just Florida Being Florida

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:33 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:10 am We did do the swings together. Your feet are literally 350 feet off the ground. I realized that I do, eventually, have a fear of heights. Somewhere around "If I fall I'm dead"
Cedar Point has one. No thanks.
I rode that one, once. First "ride" I was ever on that really bothered me, and I never rode it again.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:07 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:33 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:10 am We did do the swings together. Your feet are literally 350 feet off the ground. I realized that I do, eventually, have a fear of heights. Somewhere around "If I fall I'm dead"
Cedar Point has one. No thanks.
I rode that one, once. First "ride" I was ever on that really bothered me, and I never rode it again.
The one in Orlando is 150' higher. Which was cool... but I never need to do it again :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I rappelled down a massive cliff face 18 months ago, and that was the scariest thing I've done in decades. Windseeker may not bother me as much, now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:01 am We went to Florida last month and stayed on International Drive, which has a fair number of gimmicky fair rides on steroids.

On of the rides my wife + youngest went on was called Free Fall, where you go up 400+ feet, and then fall to the ground in circular seating thingy that wraps around a giant pole. My wife was concerned about it "It's only 2 months old, maybe it hasn't been tested enough to be safe."

She was right
dude was 6’5” and > 300 lbs. I can only imagine the restraint didn’t lock properly due to his size
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

At 14? christ
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

When you're that big, you just have to accept that you can't do everything.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:15 pm When you're that big, you just have to accept that you can't do everything.
Yeah, I'm a little surprised there wasn't a weight limit or something.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm surprised he fit in the seat. At every legit park I've been to, if you can't buckle in, you can't ride. There are the "sample seats" before the line starts, before you waste your time.

The eye opener for me that I was gaining weight was when I barely fit in a roller coaster seat, and I was only 6'0, 240. So yeah, surprised that kid fit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This one had no sample seats. It's just a 30-seat ride, and is 3 minutes. It has an over the head thing that clamps down to lock you shoulders, and comes all the way down to your legs.

Here's a couple of experts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I can't even watch my kids on these rides. I prefer it when they're on the ground.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That kid's harness was still locked and in place.

The inevitable lawsuit is already over:
The ride's Operations & Maintenance Manual, which has been posted online by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, indicates the maximum passenger weight is 130 kilograms (approximately 287 pounds).
"Be careful when seeing if large guests fit into the seats. Check that they fit within the contours of the seat and the bracket fits properly. If this is not so - Do not let this person ride," the manual states.
Clearly he was WAY too big.

This will probably also create lawsuits by obese people bitching that ride manufacturers don't make rides for them. "It's discrimination!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:12 am Clearly he was WAY too big.
Yes
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:12 am This will probably also create lawsuits by obese people bitching that ride manufacturers don't make rides for them. "It's discrimination!"
Guess what's not a protected class?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's not discrimination, that's physical limits of material strength, and engineering.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:15 am Guess what's not a protected class?
You say that, but they are considered handicapped in many states.

(Just to clarify, my derision does not include anyone who has an actual medical issue that causes them to be overweight. I'm talking about the lazy fatties.)
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I know the obese are eligible for handicapped placards here.... but that being said, once they're super fat they probably have legit other illnesses causing mobility issues. Dead diabetes toes, and such.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Kid was denied getting on two other rides.

Seriously, this might be the easiest lawsuit in history.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:41 am Kid was denied getting on two other rides.

Seriously, this might be the easiest lawsuit in history.
Yeah, he never should have been on that ride.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The park "misadjusted" seats to accommodate larger riders.

They're fucked. This is a lawyer's dream case.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:58 am The park "misadjusted" seats to accommodate larger riders.

They're fucked. This is a lawyer's dream case.
Yep
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Disney taking political sides might cost them a lot.

That's a video story.

TLDR: Disney's new CEO originally didn't say shit about the "Don't say gay" bill (which doesn't say that), then spoke out about it after pressure from LBGQT+ employees, and now Florida Rs are reviewing the long time agreement that Disney can govern itself.

I really don't see how this is different from woke culture wanting people with different opinions cancelled. When you use political power to silence opposition, that's not good. On the other hand, fear of being cancelled by woke culture is what made the CEO say anything.

Michael Jordan was very wise when asked why he didn't involve himself in politics, "Because Republicans buy shoes too."