Today in Sexism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:23 pm Here's a YT video of a dude who pretty conclusively proves that women are no where near the athletes that men are, and points out the idiots who will cancel you for saying so. He even has Serena Williams admitting she wouldn't be able to beat 200th ranked male player, and also a female talkshow host who was pushing a man for an apology because he said Serena WIlliams wouldn't be able to beat a 200th ranked male tennis player.
Yeah, I had this argument with a guy a while back. He was wondering why there weren't just co-ed league with women wherever they fit in, maybe there'd be NFL 1, NFL2, NFl3, etc... and I tried to explain he'd need NFL 10 to get women in, and NO ONE even cares about the 2nd tier football leagues we have already.

There appears to be at least 1 sport where this doesn't appear to be 100% the case. Sprinting/size sports OBVIOUSLY matter for male/female. But if you run far enough (200 miles), women can run more efficiently than men.
Men are, on average, faster than women when it comes to sprinting and marathoning. This is largely because of their generally bigger hearts, which can deliver more fresh oxygen to the body, and to bigger stores of the sex hormone testosterone, which can make muscles bulkier and stronger.

Men are also able to store more glycogen in their muscles than women, which is like a quick-release fuel for speed. That fast-acting fuel can be used efficiently as energy early on in a race, before people must begin to tap into their fat stores.

But muscles and testosterone can only get the men so far. At some point, the fact that they have less estrogen on board than women becomes apparent. As ultra race distances get longer, estrogen becomes like a performance enhancer for women in a few different ways.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

"Scientists"

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Intersex stuff does make it a little complicated.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Great. That's 1.7% of the population. You're saying scientists can't tell you the definition of the other 98.3%?

P.S. Her writing "all" is simply horrifically bad and irresponsible reporting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:54 pm Great. That's 1.7% of the population. You're saying scientists can't tell you the definition of the other 98.3%?

P.S. Her writing "all" is simply horrifically bad and irresponsible reporting.
But does women include any of that 1.7%? And if so, then how do you define it?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

A, B, 1.7% Other.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:04 pm A, B, 1.7% Other.
That works great in a world where sex on forms is a boolean.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Fortunately, we live in that world. :-D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:05 pm Fortunately, we live in that world. :-D
Not most places.

Delta Airlines, for example: https://thehill.com/changing-america/re ... -nonbinary
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Just because people wish really hard to make it be true, doesn't make it true.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:08 pm Just because people wish really hard to make it be true, doesn't make it true.
This.

It is preposterous to pretend that a woman cannot be defined. Are there variations? Of course. However, it can be defined that's why it is a term that exists and is used by doctors, lawyers, and scientists every day. If someone says "I saw a woman", an image is formed in your mind and it matches the same thing 99.99999% of other people think.

If "woman" cannot be defined, then we need to immediately remove it from our language. It's meaningless and would serve zero purpose.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Three Congresswomen want gender equity between men's and women's sports in the NCAA.

This is quite possibly the funniest headline ever considering the issue that's been stealing all the headlines from NCAA women's sports lately...

Maybe gender equity in NCAA sports won't be an issue when all the female athletes are men?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the other moms, at whatever school her kids go to, talk shit about her.

I respect women who are aware of their sexual traits, but I hope she's more than just that.

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Female divorce lawyer reveals top 5 professions of men women should avoid marrying.

She also lists the top profession of a woman men should avoid marrying: stay at home mom. Except instead of tying it to negative traits, she paints the stay at home mom as more of a victim.

Equality!
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Rather than just increasing PTO or sick days for ALL employees, GOG.com decides women get as much extra time as they need for menstrual issues.

Equality!

Let's make this the policy everywhere so the backlash can begin as women realize this policy makes them less desirable as job candidates.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

I would immediately identify as a woman and assert my right to have menstrual issues.

And months of maternity leave already made women unattractive as job candidates, but you aren't allowed to admit it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

there are biological differences
Well, that's a controversial statement.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Older model posts bikini picture in support of Paulina P. whose pictures keep appearing in my Yahoo feed.

People were calling PP "old and ugly". Look at the fucking photo in this article. What the hell is "old and ugly" about that? I think it's more a case of jealous bitches wanting these women to cover up so they can keep being lazy and fat.

Sure, not everyone has the genetics to pull this off, but what a backwards, unempowering message to tell a 57 year old women that looks this good that she's "old and ugly".