Today in Sexism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

You know... I'd like to see Netflix mass fire the Walker outters. "Isn't doing work" seems at least grounds for a written warning.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm You know... I'd like to see Netflix mass fire the Walker outters. "Isn't doing work" seems at least grounds for a written warning.
They fired a few people who caused issues... I feel like some level of protest is OK. Depends on how disruptive.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Sure, protest away. But maybe not against the people paying you? No part of that seems intelligent.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:25 pm Sure, protest away. But maybe not against the people paying you? No part of that seems intelligent.
Wages aren't slavery
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

And they aren't chained to their desks. Is it ever a safe bet to tell your bosses they're shitty? Isn't there always an assumed risk of "you'll lose your job?"

What law could they cite if they tried to make a lawsuit over getting fired over this?

I was thinking of that university president who told a bunch of protesting students to cut the shit, or they're all expelled. They immediately cut the shit. I'd like to see that applied to more things, these days. "People aren't immune to the consequences of their actions," people are fond of saying, these days.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:04 pm What law could they cite if they tried to make a lawsuit over getting fired over this?
Well, if they are in CA, I don't know CA employment law.

Most places they could just get fired. But why would Netflix want to fire that many people over thing? Especially if they are software engineers or such. Those people are gold right now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

They should get fired so we stop rewarding shitty behavior. :-D

This newer generation is suffering from mass mental health issues. They weren't spanked enough or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:31 pm This newer generation is suffering from mass mental health issues.
This is factually correct.

Blame the MSM and social media. Blame both sides of the political aisle as well. Everything is THE biggest issue facing humanity. Nothing has ever been worse. Every person's horseshit MUST be acknowledged, believed, and respected. And so on.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

We're criminally penalizing hurt feelings. And when the government isn't actively stepping in, an entire generation has normalized "well you shouldn't expect to not have consequences for your words," which amounts to an unspoken, insidious threat of having your life torn down for having an opinion the mob doesn't like. It's just as fucked up as the "punching nazis" movement. The current "left" is taking all the best qualities of the actual German Nazi party in 1939, and calling it enlightenment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:49 pm
GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm You know... I'd like to see Netflix mass fire the Walker outters. "Isn't doing work" seems at least grounds for a written warning.
They fired a few people who caused issues... I feel like some level of protest is OK. Depends on how disruptive.
I missed your comment, the other day.

Netflix fired the ringleader who organized the walkout of "we didn't like that comedy special."

https://www.indy100.com/news/netflix-fi ... t-b1939399
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:59 pm Netflix fired the ringleader who organized the walkout of "we didn't like that comedy special."

https://www.indy100.com/news/netflix-fi ... t-b1939399
They didn't fire that person for organizing, though, but for leaking data, which was stupid.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Prolly a less lawsuit-drawing excuse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

I challenge Gordon to make it through the whole thing without looking away or muting it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

I failed before I hit play.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

They're actually quite good.

It's just that they're doing exactly what they don't want you to do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

You would have a better chance of jumping up to the moon, straightening out the U.S. flag there, solving the Hodge conjecture while returning to Earth, and landing right on top of Dabo Sweeney's pea brain then you would of convincing me that the human species and the planet wouldn't be better off if all of these "men" were killed, grounded up into fish flakes, and distributed around the oceans.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:48 am You would have a better chance of jumping up to the moon, straightening out the U.S. flag there, solving the Hodge conjecture while returning to Earth, and landing right on top of Dabo Sweeney's pea brain then you would of convincing me that the human species and the planet wouldn't be better off if all of these "men" were killed, grounded up into fish flakes, and distributed around the oceans.
"Leisher wants to grind up brown men"

But, yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

"They (women with jobs) are more [...] quarrelsome and meddlesome than they need to be"

"Great nations are built by strong, responsible [...] male leadership"