Today in Sexism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Men and women look at chores differently.
Overall, women tended to dedicate more time to housework than did men. But men tended to spend more time on professional or academic responsibilities that made them unavailable for household labor. The male participants viewed this arrangement as fair, while the female participants did not.
Women wanted to share the housework equally, regardless of time spent on professional or academic work.
Simply put, women are wrong.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Housework viewed by gender

Post by TheCatt »

The study was based on co-habiting hetero couples with a 3.3 yr median age of relationship. Marriage status is not mentioned.

If we assumed the couples were non-married, then the women may be more correct, since time better oneself does not necessarily translate into the success of the partner, since their fortunes are not necessarily tied together. I would argue that the men, if they do spend more time outside, and are not married, should pay the women for any disparity.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I would argue that the men, if they do spend more time outside, and are not married, should pay the women for any disparity.
I would argue this is to men as asking for a prenup is to women.

Also, will the woman be killing the spiders, doing the heavy lifting, checking out noises in the middle of the night, staying to die while me and the kids get on the life raft, etc.?

Either everything is equal or shut the fuck up. (Not directed at you, but at society.)

https://youtu.be/6HVvagEMLEU
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Speaking of equality, no one offers seats to women any more, apparently.

I was on the subway this morning, and there were seats for everyone, but it was close to full.

Next stop, lots of people outside to get on, so I stand up. Lots of people came on, but no one else stood up to offer a seat.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I would offer a seat to a visibly pregnant woman, someone with a disability, or someone who was elderly. But I am fully on-board the equality train, and I no longer give up my seat simply because you have a vagina.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I would offer a seat to a visibly pregnant woman, someone with a disability, or someone who was elderly. But I am fully on-board the equality train, and I no longer give up my seat simply because you have a vagina.
I still do. We were at our kid's gymnastics meet last year, and my wife scored seats to the final trophy/ribbon presentation, but I told her I had to stand as long as any women were standing, so I gave up my seat.

Guess I'm still old-fashioned + sexist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Speaking of equality, no one offers seats to women any more, apparently.
I do, but I also fully endorse Gordon's argument.

They want "equality", so give it to them.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: I still do. We were at our kid's gymnastics meet last year, and my wife scored seats to the final trophy/ribbon presentation, but I told her I had to stand as long as any women were standing, so I gave up my seat.

Guess I'm still old-fashioned + sexist.
I do this as well. I don't let women being retarded change who I need to be.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Renamed the thread when I realized this could grab a lot of stories, like...

Ernst & Young's hilarious training for female executives.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I was on the subway this morning, and there were seats for everyone, but it was close to full.

Next stop, lots of people outside to get on, so I stand up. Lots of people came on, but no one else stood up to offer a seat.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

60 year old man marries 21 year old woman.

Older man with young woman means he is a pervert.
Older woman with younger man means she is a cougar and empowered.

Equality!
Vince

Today in Sexism

Post by Vince »

Why the hell would he marry her?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

"Creepy" is the new prude tag when it's consulting adults.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

This won't be popular among feminists.

For every 100 women... chart.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

"Asteroid to destroy earth tomorrow. Women and minorities hardest hit."

Women literally have better PR and marketing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

New Rule: You can only IPO if there's a woman on your board.

I'm 100% in favor of diversity, but this is stupid. Forced diversity is almost always a terrible idea. What if the company is amazing, but there's no qualified woman available or familiar with whatever field they're in? I guess some broad one of the board members is fucking gets the spot, right? Or maybe they bring in some outside token who has zero power and zero say?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Three state AGs suing to get ERA as 28th amendment.

Love CNN for ensuring the fact they're Democrats was in the headline despite it not being an important fact.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Love CNN for ensuring the fact they're Democrats was in the headline despite it not being an important fact.
They bury the party, you hate it; They state the party, you hate it...