Today in Sexism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

More than likely, but these days, who knows?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: More than likely, but these days, who knows?
Right? I just can't.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Doris Burke takes a shot at her ex-husband during a live broadcast and women on Twitter act like that makes her super powerful and sexy.

Now imagine a guy taking a shot at his ex-wife in the same way. He'd be labeled a bitter asshole.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Doris Burke takes a shot at her ex-husband during a live broadcast and women on Twitter act like that makes her super powerful and sexy.

Now imagine a guy taking a shot at his ex-wife in the same way. He'd be labeled a bitter asshole.
I feel like that's a common line people use talking about their exes? Is it a shot? Maybe I don't understand it. I understood it as "We're exes, because I always had to be right"
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Reported as a shot, so we'll go with shot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Sounded more like a self-criticism to me
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

If they look like her, don't stop there :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

I like that cartoon, but honestly, does this represent the feelings of all women? What percentage is likely to not care or even enjoy the special treatment?

Won't feminism be the death of femininity?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I like that cartoon, but honestly, does this represent the feelings of all women? What percentage is likely to not care or even enjoy the special treatment?

Won't feminism be the death of femininity?
I think it's a question of objectification (As in the cartoon) versus self expression.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

"Hello lovely gentlemen" is something I would say to male peeps with whom I was familiar, because I am full of confidence, whimsy, and secure in my sexuality.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

I think picture 3 is funny because I've had women say such unintentionally sexist things to me when I prove I can cook, clean, do laundry, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I think picture 3 is funny because I've had women say such unintentionally sexist things to me when I prove I can cook, clean, do laundry, etc.
That's a good point. Single dadding had me master all those things.

Well, maybe not MASTER. But competently workman the shit out of them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think picture 3 is funny because I've had women say such unintentionally sexist things to me when I prove I can cook, clean, do laundry, etc.
I remember years ago going to a baby shower for a co-worker, and I went in with a female friend on the present. Someone actually commented on how well wrapped the present was and I said "Thank you," and every single woman just stared at me with their jaws dropped.

It's wrapping a present, an 8 year old can do it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
I remember years ago going to a baby shower for a co-worker, and I went in with a female friend on the present. Someone actually commented on how well wrapped the present was and I said "Thank you," and every single woman just stared at me with their jaws dropped.

It's wrapping a present, an 8 year old can do it.
I can wrap the shit out of a present.

I just happen to think it's a massive waste of time and effort, and you get a gift bag with a piece of tissue paper, if you're lucky.

I also don't buy greeting cards.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

I used to wrap a really tight gift. I mean, I was trained to make beds you could bounce a quarter off of, why wouldn't I wrap a tight gift?

But then I got married. Wrap like shit and you don't get asked to wrap things often. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Last graduation party I went to for the daughter of a buddy, she got a piece of printer paper wrapped around a check, in an envelope. I wrote, "Good job not getting teen pregnant."

In retrospect I hoped my foot wasn't in my mouth... secret abortions happen. But I found out later she and her dad thought it was hilarious. She wrote me a funny thing back, but I forgot what it said.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Recently had a power supply sent here mistakenly. It was meant for some ice cream place. There were labels inside. Standard shipping and safety labels that would be put on a machine. Mixed in there was one that says:
WARNING
MEN AT WORK
Women work all the time. Men have to put up a sign when they work.

Equality!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Women work all the time. Men have to put up a sign when they work.
lol
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »