Today in Sexism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

For Gordon.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Now why's that got to be for gorodn
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 pm Now why's that got to be for gorodn
Gosh, I dunno.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Are you suggesting that many women don't want that?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Fuck it, I'll say most.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

UK has a femicide problem.
Around one woman is killed by a man every three days in the UK
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:58 am UK has a femicide problem.
OK, but 3 men are killed for every woman who is killed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Must suck to be that woman.

Also, anyone have numbers on who are killing the women? My dollar is on mainly Muslim refugees.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:37 am
Must suck to be that woman.

Also, anyone have numbers on who are killing the women? My dollar is on mainly Muslim refugees.
2/3rds of murders in England are committed by white men. England was ~80% white 10 years ago, no updated # available. Although, murdering age is 15 to 45, so unsure what the demographics for that age are.

Racist.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by GORDON »

Well, maybe if we narrow it down to acid attacks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

62% are by their SOs, which makes sense. Another 15% by men they know, which I thought would be higher. I forget the number in that article attributed to strangers, but I will say it's probably larger than the population of rapists and serial killers, so there is room for religious based violence. There was also a pretty big percentage missing, which I assume is unsolved, so anything could be in there.

This is not something you can legislate or educate away though. As long as there is sex, there will be violence. It's the nature of humankind. However, we can try to discourage the behavior and do more to provide safety.

Should a woman be able to walk home alone at night without being murdered? Of course. However...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

IL Bill would allow women to sue men over unwanted pregnancies

It's really a reaction to the Texas abortion bill.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:25 pm IL Bill would allow women to sue men over unwanted pregnancies

It's really a reaction to the Texas abortion bill.
So two wrongs make a right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

When do we get to stop pretending that the sexes are equal in all things? Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. That's diversity! Isn't diversity a good thing?

Also, the Marine that kicks her ass is either just fucking around or isn't the best hand to hand fighter they had available and he still completely dominates her.

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Spain has a very popular female writer that is all the rage over there. She writes under a pseudonym and her jacket picture is always her looking away from the camera. Well, she just won an award and showed up to accept revealing herself to the world.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:43 am Spain has a very popular female writer that is all the rage over there. She writes under a pseudonym and her jacket picture is always her looking away from the camera. Well, she just won an award and showed up to accept revealing herself to the world.
Good for them. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

Hooters waitresses complaining about new shorts.

Meh. If it doesn't cross decency laws in whatever place they're in, then either wear the uniform or go get another job. There are millions of openings out there, so it's not like you wouldn't get employed elsewhere in a heartbeat.

Guys in my plant bitch about wearing super hot coveralls during the heat of the summer, but they have to wear them or they don't work.

End of the day Hooters' gimmick is that their wait staff is comprised of sexy women wearing tight, small clothing. Odds are you knew that when you applied. Stop bitching and quit or just stop bitching.

Also, I hate lazy journalism like this:
The company also settled a class-action lawsuit for gender-based discrimination in 1997, ultimately setting precedent using a legal loophole to allow Hooters to continue to exclusively employ women.
It's a very minor thing, but the author left the qualifier off the end of the sentence. It should end with "as wait staff".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:00 pm Hooters waitresses complaining about new shorts.

Meh. If it doesn't cross decency laws in whatever place they're in, then either wear the uniform or go get another job. There are millions of openings out there, so it's not like you wouldn't get employed elsewhere in a heartbeat.
I feel like they would have to give us a 360 view to let us really know.
Further, the spokesperson said the decision to debut the smaller shorts came as part of a "collaboration with Hooters Girls" in Texas where the uniforms "have received overwhelmingly favorable reviews from both Hooters Girls and customers."
lol
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by Leisher »

The female form is art and I feel like people who try and deny us the pleasure of seeing said art should be deemed domestic terrorists.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Sexism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 pm The female form is art and I feel like people who try and deny us the pleasure of seeing said art should be deemed domestic terrorists.
They don't have the right to shame our sexuality.