I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:49 am Meanwhile, the New Zealand rugby team is not reviewing their name the "All Blacks", also named after their uniforms.
Yeah, if you review one, you have to review the other.

Otoh, I've actually head of the "All Blacks" for a while, I've never heard of the "All whites" before.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bill Maher is trending on Twitter and liberals are big mad at him. Why?

Because of this monologue: Not a single one of them discusses how much he bashes Republicans and the right in the opening. They only attack him for pointing out how stupid woke culture is and how lucky they are to live in the U.S.

Their ignorance and how they completely miss his point would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 pm They only attack him for pointing out how stupid woke culture is and how lucky they are to live in the U.S.
On the one hand, he's not wrong. On the other, the frame of reference for those woke people isn't Venezuela, China, Russia, etc, It's Norway, Sweden, etc...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:21 am It's Norway, Sweden, etc...
Very true, but pretending those are utopias is dishonest. They have a lot of problems that people are willing to overlook, never hear about, or simply refuse to believe. In fact, there are YouTube channels by residents of those countries pointing out negative stuff that folks elsewhere don't hear.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sarah Paulson under fire for wearing a fat suit to portray Linda Tripp.

Paulson also gained 30 pounds for the role. That's not enough though as people are triggered that her body wasn't exactly correct, and thus, she shouldn't have been cast and someone fatter should have.

What is it going to take before someone just says, "Go fuck yourself" to these woke idiots?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:12 pm Sarah Paulson under fire for wearing a fat suit to portray Linda Tripp.

Paulson also gained 30 pounds for the role. That's not enough though as people are triggered that her body wasn't exactly correct, and thus, she shouldn't have been cast and someone fatter should have.

What is it going to take before someone just says, "Go fuck yourself" to these woke idiots?
wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

People are fucking insane.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Seriously, end the human race now if this is where we're at.

What happens when this worthless water filled bag of skin faces actual adversity in their life? They are completely unprepared and have been taught not to accept any sort of responsibility for themselves.

This country is absolutely fucked if this is the future.

Put us in cages now. Nobody is going to fight back.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Save the cages for the people who would be too "I was angry, scared, and confused" (over a workman in their presence) to say no to it. Then the rest of us can live in a nicer world without them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

As I understand it, Oberlin is about as liberal as colleges get.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

First one to admit women, iirc.

I bet they weren't too I was angry, scared, and confused to attend.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

lol
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ha!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Pretty funny.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Thank goodness the poor black people have champions like her.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Again, the minute someone says, "cultural appropriation" I know they're a fucking idiot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:29 pm Again, the minute someone says, "cultural appropriation" I know they're a fucking idiot.
Yes
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

People proclaim cancel culture doesn't exist because Louis CK has a new comedy special.

The argument used on Twitter is that once someone gets "cancelled" they should never have fame and fortune again. Their redemption is them living like a "normal person" for the rest of their lives. No second chance. The thing that boggles my mind about this logic is that these are the same people who think all criminals can be rehabilitated and celebrate the career of say, Danny Trejo. The contradictions in their positions are just so maddening.

This comedy special is one had to promote, create, film, and distribute basically on his own.

Sure, there are minor companies helping him, but mostly he's still a bit toxic. Although, if he apologized to the women he showed his dick to and made amends with them why does anyone else care?