I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think the only viable statue from now on would be of the Greendale Human Being.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: I think the only viable statue from now on would be of the Greendale Human Being.
I concur.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Someone dares to make a movie about an autistic person without casting an autistic person in that role. So, of course, the hate is trending on Twitter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Mark Hamill wasn't even a member of the Jedi religion, that fucking cocksucker.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Someone dares to make a movie about an autistic person without casting an autistic person in that role. So, of course, the hate is trending on Twitter.
Fine, get Trump re-elected in 2024.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Jordan Peterson's new book prompts Penguin Publishing staffers to weep and complain at a town hall meeting.

None of them have read it, of course. They're just bitching because it's Jordan Peterson.

Two funny tweets on this situation, as it's trending:

This one is just amazing. People complaining about someone "who is, literally, Hitler", but not Hitler himself.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Barrack did an interview today and said the following:

Did you think while reading that, "Oh this is going to get him attacked on Twitter by woke folks"?

If so, you were right. Fucking morons.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Most woke folks came of age in the Obama presidency.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

My thought was, "Didn't they try the 'send the non-police guy to a problem area' thing and he ended up getting shot?" But, I STRONGLY agree with losing much of your audience by doing/saying something dumb. Defund the Police makes ZERO sense. Reform does. Kneeling at a football game is HIGHLY offensive to me, but I understand your plight. But, you piss me off and create an enemy by attacking the wrong thing. Black Lives Matter - Again, I understand what you are fighting for, but much of the language your leaders use I strongly disagree with and therefor find it hard to support you. The list goes on. It's almost like people don't want to fix things. They want to reverse things. "I've suffered for a long time, now it's your turn" "I don't want to get even, I want to get ahead." I agree with what he's saying up there. As most rational people would. . . .
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've said before online and in real life, "I'm on your side. Don't make me your enemy just because I'm white. Don't make me side with the fucking nazis because I suddenly don't feel safe around activists."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: "Didn't they try the 'send the non-police guy to a problem area' thing and he ended up getting shot?"
He was shot and killed.
Cakedaddy wrote: They want to reverse things. "I've suffered for a long time, now it's your turn" "I don't want to get even, I want to get ahead."
That is always a problem, and there are lots of examples throughout history of that. Wasn't it Zimbabwe where the government took all land from white farmers and gave it to black people only for the country's economy to plummet and mass food shortages begin because none of the black people knew how to farm?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: They want to reverse things. "I've suffered for a long time, now it's your turn" "I don't want to get even, I want to get ahead."
That is always a problem, and there are lots of examples throughout history of that. Wasn't it Zimbabwe where the government took all land from white farmers and gave it to black people only for the country's economy to plummet and mass food shortages begin because none of the black people knew how to farm?
That will work if you have the right people in charge.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw this written in a review of Peppermint, the Jennifer Garner movie:
Much has already been said and will continue to be said about the problematic nature of Peppermint, which basically sees a wronged and rightfully vengeful Caucasian mother gunning down hordes upon hordes of Hispanic gangsters.
So even though she was wronged and "rightfully vengeful", it's still wrong for her to act because she's white and the perpetrators of the actions against her are minorities (in the U.S.)?

That's some next level logic.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was thinking the same thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Remember when Meghan Trainer Lizzo was criticized for promoting an unhealthy body?

Now she tries to get healthy, and people criticize her for that.

I truly, truly fucking hate people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I truly, truly fucking hate people.
I alwayas figure the twitters/instagrammers are like the 1% of retards.