I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bill Maher is almost waging a one man war against cancel culture at this point.

Almost every night his monologue is bashing woke people and cancel culture.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Per Huffpost, the average woman in the United States wears a size 16 to 18, according to a scientific study, and plus-size brands like Eloquii and Universal Standard go up to a 28 and 4X, respectively.
That aint healthy ,people.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Talking to my oldest last night who is pretty far left socially. She's a theater kid who has more gay friends than straight ones, and a pretty solid mix of ethnicities throughout the group. She's also very into TikTok and Snapchat, which is where the younger generations go for their social media fix.

We always discuss various topics and I like to see where her generation is falling. Evidently she said that there's growing dissention among white and straight TikTokers about being blamed for everything wrong in the world.

Who could have predicted such a thing...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There probably wont be a backlash. I'm sure it's fine.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:12 pm evidently she said that there's growing dissention among white and straight TikTokers about being blamed for everything wrong in the world.
Her voice is strong and needs to be heard.

wait...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This joke won't age well, but I see what you did there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:12 pm Talking to my oldest last night who is pretty far left socially. She's a theater kid who has more gay friends than straight ones, and a pretty solid mix of ethnicities throughout the group. She's also very into TikTok and Snapchat, which is where the younger generations go for their social media fix.

We always discuss various topics and I like to see where her generation is falling. Evidently she said that there's growing dissention among white and straight TikTokers about being blamed for everything wrong in the world.

Who could have predicted such a thing...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Forbes rips Disney over Gina Carano firing.

Now Disney appears to be back in business with her...

Long story short:
-Forbes rips Disney for hypocrisy and "dangerous" actions towards limiting free speech.
-An episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls that Disney was not airing will now air.
-Bear Grylls tweeted support for her.
-Her Mandalorian action figure is available in stores again(?)
-She signed a deal with Ben Shapiro's company to write, direct, and star in a feature length film.

So it's looking like she might be uncancelled?

The selling of the toys and releasing of that episode might signal that Disney is going to bring her back to The Mandalorian.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Good. From what I saw, her words were a bit exaggerated, but not entirely incorrect.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:22 pm
-She signed a deal with Ben Shapiro's company to write, direct, and star in a feature length film.

I was with you until these two line items which were opposites and canceled each other out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:12 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:22 pm

I was with you until these two line items which were opposites and canceled each other out.
I laughed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:19 pm I think people are trying to cancel Ellie Kemper?

I really can't tell.
I dunno, but KKK Princess seems a bit extreme. Sure, the organization didn't admit blacks and Jews until 1979 and ??? respectively, but I think the KKK doesn't allow those people at all.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:35 pm I think the KKK doesn't allow those people at all.
WRONG!!!!

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The world is entirely too divided and small for corporations to continue trying to cash in on what they think is popular locally or ride the fence on issues.

Smart corporations will continue to shut the fuck up and just focus on business.

FYI: Coca-Cola still does loads of business in China, so I guess their moral compass only goes so far.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

County backs off after realizing that they were morons.
[T]he machines didn’t belong to the Atlanta-based beverage giant.

The 12 Coke vending machines on Surry County property were owned and operated by Coca-Cola Consolidated, an independent bottling company headquartered in Charlotte. Commissioners voted Monday to rescind the previous vote after company representatives pointed out the error during a public forum in which several residents also voiced their objections.
Wes Caudill from Elkin said commissioners passed the vending machine ban against Coca-Cola Consolidated and “didn’t have a clue about what they did.”

He said he also heard commissioners talk about not wanting companies like Amazon to come to the county.

“Quite frankly, if you sit on the Board of Commissioners for Surry County and you would refuse any company to bring economic development to our county, you are a moron,” Caudill said.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Another outspoken progressive tripped up by an old racist tweet.

This is, literally, the day after Victoria's Secret announced they're dumping perfect women for "real women", like her, or whatever woke bullshit they're doing. (As if a professional soccer player is going to have the same body type as an inactive housewife...)

Ads should 100% feature "the typical body". I get that. However, I don't get the cancelling of women with absolutely achievable bodies. Before anyone wants to attack me for that, you might want to wait until Hollywood starts making action movies with Jonah Hill in the lead role and not The Rock.