I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cancel Culture trying to destroy country singer for saying the n word.

IHeartRadio, CMT, and others have stopped playing his music. His label suspended him. And so on because he referred to a WHITE FRIEND in a playful way that contained the n word.

These asshats really need to look up what "intent" means.

I will continue to say that if we are trying to completely remove that word from our lexicon, then black people need to stop using it non-stop and putting it into all of their music they then market and sell to white people. Also, someone needs to explain to me why Mexicans can use it.

By the way, dude's record sales are skyrocketing since the video was made public.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Nazis burn books.

Liberals only burn the bad books.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:03 am IHeartRadio, CMT, and others have stopped playing his music. His label suspended him. And so on because he referred to a WHITE FRIEND in a playful way that contained the n word.

These asshats really need to look up what "intent" means.
Agree.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Aunt Jemima is now Pearl Milling Company.

So "racist caricature", whose family (as posted here) didn't want it to go, is dropped in favor of another term for cunnillingus. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:31 pm whose family (as posted here) didn't want it to go,
Again, there were LOTS of Aunt Jemimas, and only one of them's family came out.
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:31 pm is dropped in favor of another term for cunnillingus.
I've heard of pearl diving, but never pearl milling.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:02 pm Again, there were LOTS of Aunt Jemimas, and only one of them's family came out.
I know, but all it takes is one. I hope they got a check(s).
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:02 pm I've heard of pearl diving, but never pearl milling.
Just invented it. :D It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the name. At no point did "Pearl Milling" make me think of breakfast.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:45 pm I know, but all it takes is one. I hope they got a check(s).
They should get nothing, they were literally just a hired actress.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:45 pm It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the name. At no point did "Pearl Milling" make me think of breakfast.
It didn't make me think of anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gina Carano getting cancelled.

What's the charge?
"Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future," a Lucasfilm spokesperson said in a statement. "Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable."

Carano has also been dropped as a client by UTA, an agency spokesperson confirms.
Here are the tweets, judge for yourself:
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My gf went to a work conference recently. On their name tags they were required to list their pronouns, and which stolen, native american tribal land they were living on.

This is the world we're leaving to our kids.

It's going to take a hell of a disaster for this stuff to no longer be tolerated.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

When people ask for pronouns, I want to respond with Door/Entry. Or Car/Auto. I know I show my age by saying boys are boys, girls are girls, and people should use their phones for talking to each other. But damn. I think the biggest problem with the pronoun debate I have is that it all started with the fight for them being able to poop where they wanted to. Seriously? That's what you are upset about? The room you have to poop in? It makes me think that things aren't really that bad for you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Disney+ puts warnings in front of Muppet Show episodes.

They list examples in the article, although none are particularly egregious, but this one made me laugh:
while the opening to an episode with Kenny Rogers shows Muppets dressed in Arab garb drilling for oil.
The Middle East has been relevant for decades because they drill for oil, but that's offensive?

------------------------------------------------------------

CNN article on "Allen vs. Farrow" and the rise of documentaries as tools in social justice.
"The expectation that documentaries will remain objective, seeking to educate and inform, have largely fallen away," she says. "Particularly with films appearing on popular streaming services like Netflix, viewers expect to be immersed emotionally in the story; to be entertained rather than educated. Filmmakers are free to stir up our compassion and righteous indignation in a way that the objective expectations of journalistic ethics tend to discourage in news coverage."
Uh...what you're describing isn't a documentary. It's propaganda. And this whole article is justifying its use. It's super easy to look the other way when the targets are Jackson, Allen, R. Kelly, and those who took advantage of Spears. However, where is this leading us?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

"I wish my girl Sandy would have recognised Danny Zuko was trash and she didn't need to change for anyone."
This was the most valid criticism.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pat Sajak mocked a contestant's lisp.

Ok, I'm with the crowd on this one. Cancel him? No, but he definitely shouldn't repeat this behavior.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Funny and legit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Netflix show takes a shot at Taylor Swift in Women's History Month.

Swift has a point, but she also needs thicker skin. Want to be famous and rich, then you also have to deal with your life being public and people talking about it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:14 am Swift has a point, but she also needs thicker skin. Want to be famous and rich, then you also have to deal with your life being public and people talking about it.
Yeah, suck it up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bill Maher fighting the good fight against Cancel Culture.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »