I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I didn't know where else to put this.

Kindergarden teacher fired for how he looks.

Yep.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

An Israelite in Egypt? No fucking way.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Indigenous Peoples Day.

This is the "canceling" of Columbus Day.

They want to cancel an important moment in history and person because his persistence and discovery of America led to atrocities later. Plus, he was probably a giant dick when today's moral standards are applied to him.

Ok fine, but why are we celebrating "indigenous people"? Is it because we romanticize their culture and pretend they were getting along peacefully with one another and nature? I'll give you nature, but that's only because they didn't have the numbers yet to start truly negatively affecting it, and that would have happened eventually. But each other? Ha! They were fucking brutal to one another and committed every atrocity possible, just like every other type of human on the planet.

Is it because "they were here first", which means nothing considering, whether you believe we came from Eden or the primordial ooze, we all started in the same spot. They aren't native to the land either. The Earth, yes, but they're as native to this land as every person born here today.

Point being, why are we canceling one person and trying to erase his achievements from history, while promoting others and fictionalizing their history?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Disease fucked the native Americans, and they weren't understood at the time. People who call Columbus a genocide don't understand history and context.

But ignorance has never stopped a popular movement, has it. Lean into it and accept this is the world our kids need to live in.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Saw that the other day.

Bought a couple boxes of mac n cheese later that day in support of the send noods movement.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Chris Pratt is under fire because someone decided to hold a "Worst Chris" contest between the Chris(es?) of the MCU. This was all online. Pratt lost as people started bashing his lack of supporting Dems, who he follows on Twitter, and so on.

Naturally, the human beings who know him, his co-stars, came to his defense. Here are their responses and then a sampling of the sane and tolerant responses to them from the left leaning folks pushing this "Cancel Chris" campaign:

I'm thinking the definition for "fascism" needs to be amended to remove "right wing".
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

With the Sanity Bit, every single one of those psychos could be permanently ignored by the rest of society.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pretty sure MLK Jr. would not be thrilled about the "progress" being made.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's almost like promoting a philosophy of enmity between races is actually contrary to the spirit of the equal rights movement, and detrimental to race relations.

Who could possibly have ever seen that very obvious thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Senator Hirono is a hypocritical jackass, and genuinely should lose their job simply because this makes it quite clear they are prioritizing party over country. However, the reason I'm posting this is because I'm genuinely asking, "'Sexual preference' is now offensive?"

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'll say this: it says a lot for the comfort of our current lifestyles that for many people, this is the worst problem they have.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've not heard sexual preference being offensive until her hearings.

Sexual orientation is our phrase now?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

But the artist also has a point. What would have been said if she put a dress on her?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Put the sculpture in a vat of urine. Then it becomes unassailable.