I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw this headline this morning:
Halle Berry announces she's to play a trans man in a new film.

Saw this just now:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That's because they're trying to cancel some of those people, including JK Rowling.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The mob isn't moved by reason.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” - JC

These morons need to really contemplate the wisdom in that. None of them, not a single fucking one, has lived a perfect life. Each has a skeleton or a graveyard in their closet that, if released to the world, would get them cancelled. And even if they don't, and there is a "perfect" role model in there, it doesn't matter because in 100 years social morals will have changed so much that they might be labeled a monster.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

60s hippies would already label them monsters
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

How many white people have been cancelled for a mistake?

A black guy does something very cancel worthy and articles are written about how cancelling him won't solve anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Post by Troy »

Leslie Kern has apparently had a very long, lonely quarantine. No way I can explain that any other way.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's one crazy fucking broad.
Troy

Post by Troy »

A new version, a more PC version, of Curse of Strahd is being released as a box set.
https://www.ign.com/articles/dnd-curse- ... l-unboxing

Key "fixes":
The Vistani are racist to gypsies. And have been removed.

Izek maybe removed too as a bad depiction of a "disabled" character? Maybe Cyrus too?

There are probably other changes. Maybe the Hags are racists towards bakers.
The updates to the adventure itself mostly consist of previously-published amendments to the book, such as tweaks to an additional character option or corrections of printing errors, but the most notable updates are to some items that were deemed insensitive or offensive after the original publishing, particularly in regard to a disabled character and the depiction of a group of nomadic NPCs known as Vistani. A recent post on the D&D website explains that, "regrettably, their depiction echoes some stereotypes associated with the Romani people in the real world," and that the team wanted to avoid depicting them in a way that relied on "reductive tropes."

As such, several sections of explicitly problematic text have been removed and/or altered*. "Curse of Strahd [Revamped] specifically address pain points around the Vistani and around this disabled character, and there were small other issues to resolve as well," Perkins said. "We wanted to clean that up a bit and remove some stuff that the fans didn't particularly like in terms of representation and how they were depicted – it's that sort of very granular-but-important change.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Only straight white males with no handicaps can be villains or even slightly less than perfect in entertainment.

Everyone else must be portrayed as paragons of virtue and true heroes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Woman wears thong to beach, another woman calls the police and gets her arrested.

You'll see the ass, but not in the thong.

Nobody holds back women quite like other women.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The Post is there for you, picture 8/8

If you watch the video, her friends nips are visible, too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Nobody holds back women quite like other women.
Some how I read this as "back black women" and I was so confused.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Karen needs to be outted and cancelled.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The Post is there for you, picture 8/8

If you watch the video, her friends nips are visible, too.
This is complete bullshit. I get why the cops detained her, she was NOT arrested, but dispatch should have told Karen to go fuck herself instead of sending anyone out.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What was it... 3 huge cops required to subdue her?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: 3 huge cops required to subdue her?
Nobody subdued her. She was detained because she tried to walk away while they were talking to her.

Why did more than one cop show up? To be honest, it's a call about a "nude" woman on a beach...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was skipping through. I saw three cops, one wrestled her arms behind her back while someone was telling her to stop resisting.