This story sucks

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

The worst story you'll read all day. Guy fulfills dream and becomes father then gets murdered.

Not to politicize it, but image if cops had killed him. This would have been front page news for days. Instead three children did and nobody gives a shit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

This story sucks. The guy has to kill himself, right?

I don't know how anyone would be able to live with the guilt.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

This story sucks

Post by Vince »

I can't imagine how horrible that would be.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

They were clearly close. This is one of those stories that hits me hard, even before I had kids, and makes me wish I could go back in time just to stop this before it happens.
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Freak accident kills father of 6.

I've never heard of anything like that. Who'd he piss off in his former life?
TheCatt
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Freak accident kills father of 6.

I've never heard of anything like that. Who'd he piss off in his former life?
Yeah, he was from the area where I live, so it's been all over FB. It does suck. 4 of those kids are adopted, iirc.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by GORDON »

"Those "acts of god" really stick it in and break it off, don't they."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Michigan teens who threw a rock over a bridge killing a guy may be tried as adults.

Clearly they didn't mean to kill someone, but their stupidity needs to be punished. The question is did one life end that day or six?
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Vince

This story sucks

Post by Vince »

That's pretty cool.

Saw a story earlier in the week where a guy showed up at a wedding. The couple had had a son that died at 11 and they donated his organs. The guy that showed up for their wedding was the one that received their son's heart. He brought a stethoscope so they could hear their son's heart. It was probably the greatest wedding gift they could have ever received.
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Seoul, South Korea
in the country's capital Seoul, according to the Gangseo police. At the clinic, a mix-up in medical charts and failure to check her identity led to the mistaken abortion.
I want to make an obvious joke, but I won't.
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Grandfather is playing with granddaughter on a cruise. He sets her down near a window without realizing it was open. Dead baby.

Now authorities are charging him with negligent homicide making exactly nobody happy.
Vince

This story sucks

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Grandfather is playing with granddaughter on a cruise. He sets her down near a window without realizing it was open. Dead baby.

Now authorities are charging him with negligent homicide making exactly nobody happy.
I've wondered if sometimes having charges brought and some sort of punishment might be helpful for some people to feel as there's been some atonement? I know they feel horrible. Can that be helpful in the healing process? Just something I've pondered.
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Been seeing images of a little guy that went missing all over town on digital billboards.

Shitty ending.
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Surrogate dies giving birth.

Sad she lost her life, but the silver lining is the baby. Circle of Life in full effect.
Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

This story sucks

Post by TheCatt »

I don't know why the idea of disproportionate penalties for crimes fell out of favor.