Abortion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Georgia's new abortion law

Post by GORDON »

Barely even tickles, really. Love taps of understanding.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Barely even tickles, really. Love taps of understanding.
So, assault = death? Got it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: The pro-aborts are pretty intolerant.
Anit-abortions have sent bombs, shot people, and sent hundreds of fake Anthrax packages, but ok, that compares to mild assault somehow?
Granted. But in the last 12 months? And honestly, how many of the stories posted had you even heard of?

Edit to say: Doing a quick google, I'm not even seeing anything in this century against an abortion provider, other than some property damage where they haven't caught the people to actually ascertain it was pro-life related.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Edit to say: Doing a quick google, I'm not even seeing anything in this century against an abortion provider, other than some property damage where they haven't caught the people to actually ascertain it was pro-life related.
May 31, 2009: Dr. George Tiller was shot and killed by Scott Roeder as Tiller served as an usher at a church in Wichita, Kansas. This was not Tiller's first time being a victim to anti-abortion violence. Dr.Tiller was shot once before in 1993 by Shelley Shannon, who was sentenced 10 years in prison for the shooting.
November 29, 2015: A shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, left three dead and several injured, and a suspect Robert L. Dear was apprehended. The suspect had previously acted against other clinics, and referred to himself as a "warrior for the babies" at his hearing. Neighbors and former neighbors described the suspect as "reclusive", and police from several states where the suspect resided described a history of run-ins dating from at least 1997. As of December 2015, the trial of the suspect was open; but, on May 11, 2016, the court declared the suspect incompetent to stand trial after a mental evaluation was completed.

September 30, 2000: John Earl, a Catholic priest, drove his car into the Northern Illinois Health Clinic after learning that the FDA had approved the drug RU-486. He pulled out an ax before being forced to the ground by the owner of the building, who fired two warning shots from a shotgun.[I 49]
June 11, 2001: An unsolved bombing at a clinic in Tacoma, Washington, destroyed a wall, resulting in $6,000 in damages.[I 50]
July 4, 2005: A clinic in West Palm Beach, Florida, was the target of an probable arson.[23][24]
December 12, 2005: Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe threw a Molotov cocktail at a clinic in Shreveport, Louisiana. The device missed the building and no damage was caused. In August 2006, Hughes was sentenced to six years in prison, and Dunahoe to one year. Hughes claimed the bomb was a "memorial lamp" for an abortion she had had there.[I 51]
September 11, 2006: David McMenemy of Rochester Hills, Michigan, crashed his car into the Edgerton Women's Care Center in Davenport, Iowa. He then doused the lobby in gasoline and started a fire. McMenemy committed these acts in the belief that the center was performing abortions; however, Edgerton is not an abortion clinic.[I 52] Time magazine listed the incident in a "Top 10 Inept Terrorist Plots" list.[I 53]
April 25, 2007: A package left at a women's health clinic in Austin, Texas, contained an explosive device capable of inflicting serious injury or death. A bomb squad detonated the device after evacuating the building. Paul Ross Evans (who had a criminal record for armed robbery and theft) was found guilty of the crime.[I 54]
May 9, 2007: An unidentified person deliberately set fire to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia.[I 55]
December 6, 2007: Chad Altman and Sergio Baca were arrested for the arson of Dr. Curtis Boyd's clinic in Albuquerque. Baca's girlfriend had scheduled an appointment for an abortion at the clinic.[I 56][I 57]
January 22, 2009: Matthew L. Derosia, 32, who was reported to have had a history of mental illness,[I 58] rammed an SUV into the front entrance of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Saint Paul, Minnesota,[I 59] causing between $2,500 and $5,000 in damage.[25] Derosia, who told police that Jesus told him to "stop the murderers," was ruled competent to stand trial. He pleaded guilty in March 2009 to one count of criminal damage to property.[25]
January 1, 2012: Bobby Joe Rogers, 41, firebombed the American Family Planning Clinic in Pensacola, Florida, with a Molotov cocktail; the fire gutted the building. Rogers told investigators that he was motivated to commit the crime by his opposition to abortion, and that what more directly prompted the act was seeing a patient enter the clinic during one of the frequent anti-abortion protests there. The clinic had previously been bombed at Christmas in 1984 and was the site of the murder of Dr. John Britton and James Barrett in 1994.[I 60]
April 1, 2012: A bomb exploded on the windowsill of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Grand Chute, Wisconsin, resulting in a fire that caused minimal damage.[26]
April 11, 2013: Benjamin David Curell, 27, caused extensive damage to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington, Indiana, vandalizing it with an axe.[I 61][27] Curell was convicted in state court of felony burglary, and pleaded guilty in federal court to one count of violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act. In the federal case, he was sentenced to three years of probation and ordered to pay restitution.[28]
September 4, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Pullman, Washington was intentionally set on fire. No injuries were reported due to the time of day, but the FBI was involved because of a history of domestic terrorism against the clinic.[I 62] The crime was never solved. The clinic reopened six months later.[29]
October 22, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Claremont, New Hampshire was vandalized by a juvenile intruder. Damaged in the attack were computers, furniture, plumbing fixtures, office equipment, medical equipment, phone lines, windows, and walls. The flooding that resulted from the vandalism also damaged an adjacent business.[I 63][I 64]
February 24–25, 2016: Travis Reynolds, 21, vandalized a Baltimore-area women's health care clinic with anti-abortion graffiti.[30][31] After being arrested, Reynolds "admitted to police that he defaced the clinic's doors, walls and windows because he thought that it would deter women from using the clinic."[31] Reynolds pleaded guilty in federal court to one count of violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act in October 2016.[31]
March 7, 2016: Rachel Ann Jackson, 71, vandalized a Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbus, Ohio, with the message "SATAN DEN OF BABY KILLERS..." She pleaded guilty to felony counts of breaking and entering and vandalism and a misdemeanor count of aggravated trespass.[32][33] Jackson was sentenced to probation, with the judge citing her struggle with serious mental illness as a mitigating factor.[33]
Anthrax threats
The first hoax letters claiming to contain anthrax were mailed to U.S. clinics in October 1998, a few days after the Slepian shooting; since then, there have been 655 such bioterror threats made against abortion providers. None of the "anthrax" in these cases was real.[I 6][I 65]

November 2001: After the genuine 2001 anthrax attacks, Clayton Waagner mailed hoax letters containing a white powder to 554 clinics. On December 3, 2003, Waagner was convicted of 51 charges relating to the anthrax scare.

I doubt assaults get reported widely, and that page was only collecting more extreme stuff.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I stand corrected.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Anit-abortions have sent bombs, shot people, and sent hundreds of fake Anthrax packages, but ok, that compares to mild assault somehow?
Two wrongs don't make a right?

Neither side should be resorting to violence.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Anit-abortions have sent bombs, shot people, and sent hundreds of fake Anthrax packages, but ok, that compares to mild assault somehow?

Agreed. I like the methods of that 40 Days for Life group. They just stand out and pray. No screaming of "Baby killer" or anything like that. They were the group that got Abby Johnson to bail on PP. The screamers had just made her more militant about her job before that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
No argument here. But, magnitude of action matters.
Vince wrote: They just stand out and pray. No screaming of "Baby killer" or anything like that.
Very reasonable.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:

Wrong. We.live in a time where it's ok to "punch Nazis," and otherwise intelligent people will defend it. You can't open that door just a little, it's open, or it's closed. It's ok.to assault people with whom you don't agree, now.

Get.your CC and join the fun.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Wrong. We.live in a time where it's ok to "punch Nazis," and otherwise intelligent people will defend it.
I'm fully on the "Punch Nazi's" bandwagon. A lot of Americans died to put down that horrible ideology. I don't feel that this "new wave" of Nazi's need to be humanized, or understood.

What fucking gain do we have by giving legitimate Nazis a platform in America?

If it's just someone waving away a large unrelated political group as "Nazi's" - well ok - then don't listen to that crackpot. But a legit Nazi deserves face punching.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Please, tell.me how you define "Nazi." You know, when you're engaging in vigilante justice.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Please, tell.me how you define "Nazi." You know, when you're engaging in vigilante justice.
This is starting to feel like some Alex Jones shit.

I’m just gonna use Wikipedia.
Borrows elements from Nazi doctrine, including ultranationalism, racism, xenophobia, ableism, homophobia, anti-Romanyism, antisemitism, anti-communism and initiating the Fourth Reich. Holocaust denial is a common feature, as is the incorporation of Nazi symbols and admiration of Adolf Hitler.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's alex.jones shit to.suggest Nazi punching is dangerous horseshit? There aren't any nazis outside of.the minds of paranoid people, and little.clubs of inbred.idiots.

You don't assault people, not even when you think they really deserve it. There are like whole books full of.laws against that.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: There aren't any nazis outside of.the minds of paranoid people, and little.clubs of inbred.idiots. .
The Southern Poverty law center definitely disagrees with that:

The dot the closest to you is probably the HQ of "The Daily Stormer" which is known for Nazi and White Supremacist propaganda. Most recently tarnished by being involved with the Unite-The-Right rally which ended with a counter protester being run over by a car.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Is there a chart with actual numbers instead of the ambiguity of "hate groups per capital?". And what defines a "hate group?". And what is the critical mass of "hate per.capita" where vigilante justice becomes legal?

I will.say, though, that all the red on that chart is very dramatic.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And let me just make my point:

"Hate Groups" don't really exist in any appreciable sense. Sure, there are people who are racist, and some may even act on their racism. And maybe some of them form their cute little clubs, and do racist shit with safety and intimidation of numbers. But literally everything they want to do, everything they want to achieve, is illegal at every level of state and local government. They can literally do nothing but sit and have their racist meetings, and sometimes get a group together, and "protest."

They are impotent. Their ideas are dispelled by education.

But you know what they are good at? Being a boogyman, and a face for "the other side," even if the other side doesn't care a lick about the color of other peoples' skin. For example, 15 anonymous people can show up at a Tea Party rally in sheets, and both the Dems and Repubs will point at them and decry the Tea Party as a racist organization. How convenient, status quo unchanged. Different groups can make scary charts with shades of red and suggest the country is completely racist. I don't believe that to be true. Show me some actual numbers or something, I don't know. "Hate groups per capita" isn't going to cut it.

Nobody gives a fuck about their racist little stormfront pamphlets. They aren't going to make any new converts with them, and outside of their followers are nothing but a punchline.

The "hate group" threat is overblown.

If an anti-abortion person assaults someone, lock them up forever. If an antifa person puts on a mask and is going around punching whomever they deem a nazi, lock them up forever. We're trying to have a society, here, and there isn't room for any of those people.
Troy

Post by Troy »

We aren’t going to change each other opinion here. Neo-Nazi’s represent an ideology that is counter to American values and our core principals of government. One of their key motivations is a desire to genocide American citizens if given any actual power or responsibility. They exist enough to have small rallies and large internet communities. I’m happy to keep them there too.
Last edited by Troy on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You are literally arguing in favor of vigilante justice. Rule of law says you've lost this argument.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just came across this little cartoon, it feels appropriate to put here, now:
62020117_2687414421330457_8973563003614003200_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Troy

Post by Troy »

If Anti-Nazi is a platform you feel I lose on. I'm ok with that. Have the W.