Nature!

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Nature!

Post by thibodeaux »

Global Green Up Slows Warming
Scientists previously established that the world is greener [has more leaf area relative to ground area --Thib] than it was in the early 1980s. Updated maps show that the trend has continued, and researchers say reduced global warming is among the consequences.
Hey that's nice. However, SCIENCE strikes again:
“It is ironic that the very same carbon emissions responsible for harmful changes to climate are also fertilizing plant growth,” said co-author Jarle Bjerke of the Norwegian Institute for Nature Research, “which in turn is somewhat moderating global warming.”
First of all....it's not irony, dipshit. It's called a negative feedback loop. Maybe read a book.

Second, "harmful changes to climate" is meaningless until you specify TO WHOM it is "harmful." Clearly plants love it, almost as much as they crave electrolytes. Ok, sure I guess since we're people the assumption is "harmful to people." But it's not really clear that's true, if you consider that our entire existence requires that plants get what they crave.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

This was coming out 5 or 10 years ago when scientists realized we were getting more leafy greens on the planet. I remembered some doom and gloom news source gave it the headline "global warming is making there be more poison ivy."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

What if the greenhouse effect is Earth compensating for all the plant life we are wiping out? Earth is trying to encourage more plant growth, so it increases CO2...

:D
thibodeaux

Nature!

Post by thibodeaux »

i tell people recycling paper contributes to climate change; you should instead sequester that carbon in a landfill.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

I wrote an essay a long time ago how building more houses, making more 2x4's that will persist in a building for 100 years, will sequester more carbon than most efforts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Found a dead one of these next to the landscaping today.

Have I been mistaking mole tunnels for shrew tunnels? That doesn't seem likely? Anyone dealt with them before? I guess they more beneficial than harmful, but the wife wants to get traps because she's a pussnellion.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

I know nothing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

The UK has venomous sharks.

This is how SyFy movie scripts get written...
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

A whole bunch of earthquakes hit the NW.

This caught my interest because I have family that lives in the NW, and because I remember reading an article in the last couple of years about how Mt. Rainier is overdue to erupt.
Cakedaddy

Nature!

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think Climate Change plays a bigger part than a mountain.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

Climate change earthquakes?
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

Half of which, I understand, because some scumbag plant manager wouldn't let his people stop working to take shelter.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:14 pm Half of which, I understand, because some scumbag plant manager wouldn't let his people stop working to take shelter.
If that's true, then that manager needs to face criminal charges if they're not dead. And I hope they're not so they can live with what they've done for the rest of their miserable existence.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

I heard it was 50 people, in a.... candle manufacturing concern? The warning were blaring but they were told they were fired if they stopped working.

Yes, I agree with full criminal charges, if this person survived.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:46 pm I heard it was 50, it was 8.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ke ... y-rcna8581
But at least five workers said supervisors warned employees that they would be fired if they left their shifts early.
Lawsuit time.
It's not me, it's someone else.