IRS Internal Revenue Service

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

When doing your taxes you must include all illegally gained gains...

I laughed at that when I saw the headline, but then thought, yeah that makes sense. And it does.

Street level criminals won't adhere to this, but you think there are any big players in the drug game or piracy or bookies, who file and legitimately pay taxes on illegally earned income? You think the government is more willing to turn a blind eye to those people since they're getting a taste of the action?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Al Capone....
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He should have paid!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Talked with a federal agent friend recently. He said that none of the other agencies like the FBI.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

FBI must not share the phat loot with them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:46 pm The FBI.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-rai ... ng-2022-10
Federal Appeals court reverses decision
This morning, a 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel unanimously ruled against the government in a long-running class action lawsuit from the Institute for Justice (IJ) on behalf of people who rented security deposit boxes at US Private Vaults. The decision slammed the FBI for overstepping its authority when it opened up hundreds of renters’ boxes, conducted criminal searches of them all, and attempted to permanently keep everything in the boxes worth more than $5,000, all without charging any box renter with a crime.
For years, the FBI and Department of Justice (DOJ) insisted that they did nothing wrong at US Private Vaults. Even though the warrant authorizing the raid only permitted the FBI to open boxes to identify their owners and safeguard the contents, agents rummaged through hundreds of boxes, ran currency they found in front of drug sniffing dogs, and made copies of people’s most personal records. The DOJ then filed a massive administrative forfeiture claim to take more than $100 million in cash and other valuables, again, without charging any individual with a crime.
Those seizures drive me fucking nuts. Such fucking bullshit. If you cannot prove a crime, how the hell is this legal? Thank goodness the 9th circuit agreed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Officials involved in that shit should do jail time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Taxes done, except one document that arrives in April. yaaaaaay.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Revision, before April 15. Extension if after. Because I'm sure your tax preparer isn't swamped in april.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:56 pm Revision, before April 15. Extension if after. Because I'm sure your tax preparer isn't swamped in april.
I am my tax preparer.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just bump someone else off your schedule then, when your form comes in.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

IRS cracking down on corporate jets
The IRS on Wednesday unveiled plans for “dozens of new audits” of corporate jet usage as part of its increased scrutiny of large corporations, complex partnerships and top earners.

More than 10,000 corporate jets operate in the U.S., and the agency believes some companies overstate deductions while using aircraft for mixed business and personal travel. Plus, individuals may not be reporting personal trips via corporate jet as income, the IRS said.

The agency will begin with a round of three to four dozen audits of corporate jet usage, focused primarily on corporations and complex partnerships. But future exams could expand to individuals, depending on the findings.
First they came for the private jets. Good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I support this as a first step. The IRS should have their hands firmly up the asses of corporations. That's where the money is and where most of the abuse is as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:02 am I support this as a first step. The IRS should have their hands firmly up the asses of corporations. That's where the money is and where most of the abuse is as well.
Especially those "partnerships"