Starbucks

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

Asks cops to leave because them sitting there drinking coffee made customers feel unsafe.

Call me when Starbucks closes 8,000 locations to teach their staff not to discriminate...again.

FYI, feel free to rob Starbucks. I have a feeling response times to their calls for help will be higher.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by TheCatt »

McDonalds' employees accused of writing "Fucking Pig" on coffee cup. But the officer made it all up and has resigned.
Vince

Starbucks

Post by Vince »

I don't think this is the first time it's happened with a cop making it up. They're starting to become attention seeking whores like the LGBT community.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I don't think this is the first time it's happened with a cop making it up. They're starting to become attention seeking whores like the LGBT community.
I think everyone is becoming an attention whore.

Andy Warhol was wrong. Not everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame, and honestly, the vast, vast majority of people don't deserve it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

Starbucks announces store closures in "problem areas".

In other words, "We grossly underestimated what animals some of you are."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:48 pm Starbucks announces store closures in "problem areas".

Reddit claims it's about unionizing to some degree.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:53 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:48 pm Starbucks announces store closures in "problem areas".

Reddit claims it's about unionizing to some degree.
Probably plays a role considering these are all heavy blue areas, but 1) that would be illegal 2) closing just a few stores wouldn't do shit to stop a nationwide push for unionization.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

All of them?

TheCatt
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by TheCatt »

The more contactlessness, the better imho. Cash is dumb unless you're trying to hide something.

I would assume it's just certain stores for now, I haven't seen a bigger announcement.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

A court finds Starbucks fired a white woman for the color of her skin.
The 2019 complaint said that following the arrest, Starbucks “took steps to punish White employees who had not been involved in the arrests, but who worked in and around the city of Philadelphia, in an effort to convince the community that it had properly responded to the incident.”

Phillips, who at the time oversaw areas including Philadelphia, said that Starbucks had ordered her to place a White employee on administrative leave as part of these efforts, due to alleged discriminatory conduct which Phillips said she knew was inaccurate. After Phillips tried to defend the employee, the company let her go, she said.

Starbucks, which denied the claims at the time, said in a 2021 court filing that after the incident, “senior leaders and members of Partner Resources all observed Ms. Phillips demonstrate a complete absence of leadership during this crisis.”

Phillips, the company argued, “appeared overwhelmed and lacked awareness of how critical the situation had become.” Phillips’ manager ultimately decided to dismiss her “because strong leadership was essential during that time,” according to the document.
This is such a great example of how poorly run most corporations are these days. There was no "crisis". Was there an incident at one location? Yep. Did that mean Starbucks had to start punishing innocent white employees as some sort of display of penance? No. Starbucks' piss poor executive team created their own crisis due to their terrible leadership, and then fired someone who had the balls to call them out on it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by GORDON »

Their Woke Directives are directly conflicting with Labor Laws.

Smoke is starting to come out of ears, and soon heads may explode.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by Leisher »

People have been boycotting Starbucks because they were giving free coffee to the IDF or something, I don't know.

Turns out their union or people trying to form a union were spreading lies to hurt Starbucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starbucks

Post by TheCatt »

Someone painted all over a Starbucks near here (Durham) about the war. Never understood why.