Fuck Cancer

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

I see nothing incorrect in that statement.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:23 pm I see nothing incorrect in that statement.
The best part is all of the collateral prolonged suffering.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:01 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:23 pm I see nothing incorrect in that statement.
The best part is all of the collateral prolonged suffering.
The painkillers + other meds were finally enough to keep her from being so delusional and aggravated, but it basically meant she was on a short course to death as she couldn't do much else.

My wife's mom passed away Tuesday. She was a kind, fierce, and loving woman who left too early.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Condolences.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by GORDON »

That sucks.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Cancer trial has unexpected results.

100% positive results...let's get this treatment rolled out ASAP. I guarantee 95% of cancer patients will sign up to be guinea pigs rather than accept death.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

I don't even have cancer but go ahead and give it to me
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:40 pm Palliative care is just killing someone very slowly, instead of quickly like right-to-die states allow.
TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:25 pm My mom having a double mastectomy Friday to hopefully remove her cancer.
Long story short: We had some early successes with my mom, but cancer's a bitch, and came roaring back last July. At that point it was buying time with chemo, but we ran out of chemos. We're basically down to hospice.

Anyways, fuck cancer.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by GORDON »

That sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:26 pmThat sucks.
Yeah, this weekend she went to the ER Friday night, and I did night duty both nights at the hospital. A bunch of tests, etc, all to basically say "The cancer has spread to her brain + her cerebral fluid," there's nothing left to do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Very, very sorry.

Don't hesitate to shout if you need to chat.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

I'd like to say again, "Fuck cancer".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:54 pm I'd like to say again, "Fuck cancer".
Amen

Do you have your own recent reasons?
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:05 pm Do you have your own recent reasons?
Unfortunately, yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by GORDON »

That sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:00 am
Unfortunately, yes.
Sorry to hear. My MIL 1.5 years ago, my mom in hospice now, after battling for 2.5 years. Fuck it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:00 am
Unfortunately, yes.
Here if you want to talk or post about it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:41 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:26 pmThat sucks.
Yeah, this weekend she went to the ER Friday night, and I did night duty both nights at the hospital. A bunch of tests, etc, all to basically say "The cancer has spread to her brain + her cerebral fluid," there's nothing left to do.
4 weeks ago she went to the ER with pain and other issues. 2 agonizing nights in the hospital purgatory (not the ER, not the cancer ward). Steroids were very effective in reducing symptoms, she was nearly pain free, could talk (limitedly, sentences), and get to the bathroom on her own. 3 weeks ago discharged into home hospice. Slow decline until Tuesday/Wednesday. Increasing agitation, more pain, and couldn't swallow pills (including her steroids). I arrived Wednesday, we started morphine + Ativan every 4 hours. It wasn't enough for her pain, increased to every 2 hours (10mg of morphine) Thursday morning. Was finally enough for the pain, but she never woke up again. Passed away Friday afternoon.

From a rational point of view, I'm glad the medicines were able to give her and us comfort + peace. Irrationally, I feel like an angel of death since I was the one who started the morphine + was administering it most of the time. The internet hospice sites will tell you 1,000 times that morphine doesn't kill people, but they can't really drink or eat when they're basically passed out. But at that point she was already in so much pain, it didn't matter.

At any rate, hospice can be a full range of emotions. And fuck cancer.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by GORDON »

That fucking sucks. Sorry it was your turn.

And don't let it crush you... There was no good answer, and you were the one who stepped up and helped her along, for as long as she had left. The best anyone of us can ask is that someone gives enough of a shit to be there at the end.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Very, very sorry. Unfortunately, it's something we all do have to deal with at some point. That doesn't make it any easier though. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need an ear to bend or something.

Know that she's still there with you. She's also in your kids and will be in their kids.