Fuck Cancer

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Fingers crossed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by GORDON »

Drug companies: $1 million per dose.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

Mom's got cancer. 3rd time around. 1st time was chemo; 2nd was lumpectomy + radiation (so the easiest treatment she's been through); Round 3 is an aggressive form of breast cancer, and they want to do ~6 months of chemo. She'll probably start after Thanksgiving. We're isolating now to see them for Turkey Day. My wife thinks we shouldn't hug, stay 6' away, and wear masks indoors. I think that's insane. Unlike past rounds, my dad can barely take care of himself (if he even can). With chemo + the virus, not sure how we're going to help, etc.

Fuck Cancer + Fuck 2020.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Very sorry. I hope everything works out.

Have you guys explored a live in nurse? My in laws had to do that with his parents when the wife became extremely ill and the husband couldn't really take care of himself anymore.

Might be a good option for someone to essentially quarantine with your parents and provide the proper care they need.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Have you guys explored a live in nurse?
Not yet, but I think we'll have to. They've been on the waiting list for an assisted-ish living area, but turned it down last year when their name came up for a detached house. Now they are back on the list for a new area in the development, but it's 2 years out.
Leisher wrote: Very sorry. I hope everything works out.
Thanks, I'm just... processing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by GORDON »

Being faced with actual . mortality can be difficult. I came to terms with my own long ago, but I've never figured out how to process that of others .
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Being faced with actual . mortality can be difficult. I came to terms with my own long ago, but I've never figured out how to process that of others .
I skipped denial and just went to anger.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

My spouse's mom just got diagnosed with cancer. Apparently unrelated to the cancer she had 3 years ago and underwent chemo for. Ugh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Sorry man.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

I made peace many years ago with the idea that life just is, and whatever happens, happens. You do your best on the things you can control, accept those you cannot.

My wife has not. Her mom's cancer prognosis isn't great. She's mad at the world. And sad.

How do yall view... existence? I'm probably oversimplifying. But, you take from life what you can get, and it deals out bad breaks without regard to how many others you've had, imho. No karma. No angel looking out for you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by GORDON »

Life is pain. Anyone who tells you different is selling something.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:41 pm Life is pain. Anyone who tells you different is selling something.
Lol, that was part of our discussion last night.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

It doesn't matter how much you convince yourself what life is about, if there's an afterlife, etc. It still is going to hurt when bad things happen to those you love.

I genuinely don't know if I believe in karma, fate, heaven, and so on. The scientific side of me says it's all hogwash. The emotional side of me is more open to believing in something because it makes loss more bearable. I'd really love it if Defending Your Life was the most accurate depiction of death. (If you've never seen it, it's a must watch.)

I do constantly tell my kids, "Worry about the things you can control, not the things you cannot control."

I also try to just live by the credo of "don't be a douche" as much as possible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Twitter is saying Limbaugh has died.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Fuck Cancer

Post by Leisher »