General Space Thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by TheCatt »

WE WERE THERE FIRST
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

Sheeeeeit. China is so far away from mining on the moon as to be laughable.

I know that because china can only steal tech from the USA, and we're also very far away from it.

And let's say we did get a 10-man "mine" up and running on the Moon, today. We're a century away from anyone having a big enough operation as to interfere with someone elses.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

It's going to get interesting when they find out the moon is hollow... :D

Who else saw Moonfall?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

I did I did.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

I know some of you hate this site, but this showed up in my FB feed and fuck you, this story is cool.

All planets visible this month.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Clearest picture of Venus

Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Someone or something might be trying to get in touch.

$100 says it turns out to be saying, "Drink your Ovaltine."
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

It's usually a neutron star.

Also, if another galaxy, they tried making contact 60k years ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Are you trying to say that Ovaltine comes from neutron stars?!
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

I think everything does
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy

General Space Thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm getting my glasses tomorrow. Not gonna miss them this time.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

MSN claims AP7 is confirmed to hit us.

Been nice knowing you all. I'll see you in hell.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:16 pm MSN claims AP7 is confirmed to hit us.

Been nice knowing you all. I'll see you in hell.
Weird.
The term “planet killer” may sound scary but as far as 2022 AP7 goes, it will be staying “well away” from Earth for now, according to Sheppard.

“It has no chance to hit the Earth currently,” he told Euronews Next in an email.

Slowly, over time, the asteroid will start to cross Earth’s orbit closer to where the Earth is, but this will be centuries into the future

As things stand, 2022 AP7 crosses Earth’s orbit. This makes it a potentially hazardous asteroid, he said.

However, the crossing occurs at a time when the Earth is on the other side of the sun, he explained, adding that this configuration will continue for the foreseeable future.
https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/11/0 ... aten-earth