Cuba

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

U.S. diplomats in Cuba attacked?

Probably eavesdropping devices that had unintended consequences.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Cuba

Post by Malcolm »

Really? Don't those devices generally record sound instead of flooding you with low frequency waves?
The most challenging sounds to reproduce from a sound engineering soundpoint are usually the extremely low-pitched sound effects in the 20 Hz range, such as those used to simulate the sound of an earthquake, a rocket launch, or submarine depth charges. The human ear is not very sensitive to sounds at these low frequencies, so it takes a tremendous amount of amplification for the human ear to hear them.
That's 20 Hz, a range you can sort of make out. Imagine how much juice you'd have to use to pump out sound when you want to go lower than that -- not necessarily enough for someone to hear but enough to cause significant neurological damage. That's not an accident. You'd also need some type of projector or speaker to route the sound through. It's hard to believe random architectural features plus some eavesdropping gear is good enough to do that on accident.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

A reminder that peeps in Cuba are pretty fed up with Communism.

The unrest going on there is pretty historic. I wish it was getting more coverage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:10 am A reminder that peeps in Cuba are pretty fed up with Communism.

The unrest going on there is pretty historic. I wish it was getting more coverage.
Fox News was sure to cover it and included a statement from Bernie that Cuba had done something good (their literacy program), and that he loves Communism and all things anti-American. Then published the article stating "representatives for Sanders were not immediately available for comment" which is "We left a VM/email, then hit publish as fast as we could"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:17 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:10 am A reminder that peeps in Cuba are pretty fed up with Communism.

Fox News was sure to cover it and included a statement from Bernie that Cuba had done something good (their literacy program), and that he loves Communism and all things anti-American.
I don't watch or read Fox, thankfully. However, if they're covering it, good on them. Also, I have no issue with Sanders being called out on his moronic statements praising a communist dictatorship.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:17 am Then published the article stating "representatives for Sanders were not immediately available for comment" which is "We left a VM/email, then hit publish as fast as we could"
Ha! I never thought about that before. I always thought, "Why the fuck would they answer your call?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:21 am Also, I have no issue with Sanders being called out on his moronic statements praising a communist dictatorship.
I think you can analyze the good in the bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:40 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:21 am Also, I have no issue with Sanders being called out on his moronic statements praising a communist dictatorship.
Of course you can, but that's not the issue.

You think visiting dignitaries in Brazil see the roving gangs of murderous, homeless children? Also, how would Sanders know if the medical care is high quality? It's so good that Fidel had to leave Cuba to get treatment later in life...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:48 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:40 am

You think visiting dignitaries in Brazil see the roving gangs of murderous, homeless children? Also, how would Sanders know if the medical care is high quality? It's so good that Fidel had to leave Cuba to get treatment later in life...
He made his comment in 1989, iirc, the prevailing sentiment agreed. 20 years later, maybe it wasn't so great?
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:58 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:48 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:40 am I think you can analyze the good in the bad.

He made his comment in 1989, iirc, the prevailing sentiment agreed. 20 years later, maybe it wasn't so great?
It was a fucking dictatorship. Who were the morons agreeing? Who thought it was going to end well?

NK looks like a utopia if looked at from the right angle, but it's a shitshow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:29 pm It was a fucking dictatorship. Who were the morons agreeing? Who thought it was going to end well?
Again, sticking to the topic at hand, most people said Cuba had good healthcare + literacy. No one's arguing about the other issues that I'm aware of.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:29 pm It was a fucking dictatorship. Who were the morons agreeing? Who thought it was going to end well?
Again, sticking to the topic at hand, most people said Cuba had good healthcare + literacy. No one's arguing about the other issues that I'm aware of.
Again, healthcare so good Fidel went elsewhere to get his...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm
I already replied to that argument.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:33 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm Again, sticking to the topic at hand, most people said Cuba had good healthcare + literacy. No one's arguing about the other issues that I'm aware of.
I already replied to that argument.
Like I said here and elsewhere, what elites see is always smoke and mirrors.

Look at that dumbfuck Sean Penn and his trek to NO after Katrina. Fucking idiot took a shotgun and jumped in a rowboat and no authorities did shit to stop him. Anyone else might have gotten shot for being a looter. That mental midget also raved about how perfect Venezuela was and how happy the people were. How's it going there now?
GORDON
Site Admin

Cuba

Post by GORDON »

I seem to recall he changed his tune when he went to Iran to show how it was misunderstood, and nearly got arrested and his camera confiscated.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."