Because we're not all assholes...

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Once again, black man is the white man's savior.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, this thread used to be about people not being assholes... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Well, this thread used to be about people not being assholes... :D
You posted the racist stuff
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fair point
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is just harmless fun.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Teacher tries to help spirits of A U of Tennessee fan, world helps out
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Teacher tries to help spirits of A U of Tennessee fan, world helps out
I saw this one. Great story.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Tony Bennett turns down raise.
"(Virginia President Jim Ryan) and Carla (Williams) were very gracious in what they offered to me as a potential contract, but I have a very good contract," Bennett said in a statement from the school. "I have more than enough, and if there are ways that this can help out the athletic department, the other programs and coaches, by not tying up so much (in men's basketball), that's my desire."
The coach specifically asked his athletic director to give additional compensation to his coaching staff and fund other improvements to the basketball program. Instead of taking the big raise, Bennett got another year tacked onto his current deal, which now runs for seven years.
Bennett made $4.15 million this year, according to a USA Today database.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Shaq buys home for woman whose kid was shot at a football game.

Funeral for most recent police shooting being paid for by NBA and NFL stars.

Only issue with the article (and not to derail the thread):
a police officer making a wellness check fired through the window of her home and killed her.
It was not a wellness check. The cops were told it was an "open door" meaning active crime in progress. I think CNN had a big article about this very topic and shooting (might have been on Yahoo). The cop was rightfully arrested and charged with murder (although I think manslaughter should really be the charge as this wasn't premeditated). He also resigned and is apparently having a lot of trouble dealing with the shooting. He was a rookie officer and clearly got scared. This is one whose training failed him or the psych exam failed him. Dispatch and his partner didn't help matters.

Sad. There are no winners here, but it is nice to see those with the means doing something to help.
Vince

Post by Vince »

They checked on her. She's not well.

I'm glad as well that those that can are helping.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Wow! He's a better human being than 85% of the adults in the world.

He and his parents deserve a parade.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is awesome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I saw this earlier, and all I could think was "Our dog barely knows 3 words"