Conspiracy Theories

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

These need a thread. I'm fascinated by what the crazies or trolls come up with...

Katy Perry is Jon Benet Ramsey.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Troy »

But Alex Jones and Infowars have a thread already?
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

*sigh*

Do we really need to inject politics into everything?

To be fair to whoever Alex Jones is, and I guess Infowars, there are many (the majority actually) who think most of the MSM is "fake news", so...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by TheCatt »

Not sure if this belong here, or the random images thread.

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

That's hilarious.

I don't get how Kyrie Irving and whatever famous rapper it is believe the flat Earth theory. It's insanity.
Malcolm

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Malcolm »

Alex Jones is in-fucking-sane, politics aside.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

Who is most likely to believe a conspiracy theory?

This is awesome. One of the biggest ones I know is an uncle. The most stubborn human being I've ever known. It's always his way or you can go fuck yourself. He cuts off communication for YEARS with family if he feels even slightly disrespected. I've mentioned him before. He was married, but had four girlfriends on the side. He got super mad at one of those women, who happened to also be married, because she dared also see another guy. (This is true!)

He checks every box.
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

Posted by my insane right wing cousin. So much stupid...

TheCatt
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by TheCatt »

I never bought the birds are drones thing until now
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

(Just putting this one here for future reference...)

Snopes says this is real.

thibodeaux

Conspiracy Theories

Post by thibodeaux »

Maybe stretching as a "conspiracy" but an intriguing notion nonetheless. A retelling of Columbus

Twitter thread

TLDR: "Columbus knows there *might be something over there*, and knows a plausible way to get there and back. But he doesn't know what it is, and if he starts talking up his reasoning, likely some Portuguese guy or a different team altogether is going to beat him to market."
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

That wasn't Damar Hamlin. Just an actor. :D

While it's weird he never showed his face, I assume it's because he just died a week ago and there's bruising or something else wrong. But sure, it's just an actor throwing up illuminati signs, because multibillionaires who run the world have signs like they're a gang. :roll:
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

Fetterman is trending on Twitter for being the new Paul McCartney. :D

But seriously, I think he must have gotten his ears tucked, which is a real plastic surgery.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:50 pm But seriously, I think he must have gotten his ears tucked, which is a real plastic surgery.
Those glasses are quite wide.

Also, you can tell by the pictures that very different camera lenses are being used. Apparently Vince has no idea about camera lens optics/focal length, but he could learn. God, I hate stupid people.

Here's an example... check the ears. Spoiler alert, the selfie camera on a cell phone has a very short focal length.
GORDON
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by GORDON »

I've never seen a person whose ears shrink as they aged. Usually the opposite.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:01 pm Apparently Vince has no idea about camera lens optics/focal length, but he could learn. God, I hate stupid people.
It's not just Vince. I just grabbed the first one under "Fetterman", which was trending. There are tons of them. My favorite one shows Fetterman, Melinda Gates, Biden, and...I'm forgetting who the last person was...as all having been "replaced". I guess people really loved that movie Dave.
GORDON
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by GORDON »

I've seen some pretty obvious Putin body doubles in the last year. Probably why he hasn't made an appearance in a while. People were laughing at the bad body doubles.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:50 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:01 pm Apparently Vince has no idea about camera lens optics/focal length, but he could learn. God, I hate stupid people.
It's not just Vince. I just grabbed the first one under "Fetterman", which was trending. There are tons of them. My favorite one shows Fetterman, Melinda Gates, Biden, and...I'm forgetting who the last person was...as all having been "replaced". I guess people really loved that movie Dave.
There's no shortage of stupid people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by GORDON »

edit - this post was in the trump thread inspired by Leisher's party-tirade, but it fits better here.

Here's the beginnings of a conspiracy I've been formulating:

We all pretty much assume the parties are more important to everyone than actually having integrity.... people got party money to get elected, not because of the goodness of the party hearts, but because it puts another politician in their pocket, on their side. Paid legislators are votes. And congressional votes are public, so it isn't like you can get bought and then do what you want anyway. Every time someone votes against the party, that's the only thing that makes news and it's a big deal, one if our fiction is to be believed there are consequences, and if that lawmaker doesn't get in line they don't get reelected.

Even the president seems beholden. He also took party money and influence to get elected... no one gets on the TV debates without the party blessing. He counts in the members of his team in congress to get votes to do the stuff the party wants him to do.

The capital-P Parties seem, as a group, to have a lot of fucking power..... even to the extent that they're actually running the country? I've made the beginnings of an argument, above.

And that being said, how much do we, the slightly-more-knowledgeable-than-average people, know about how the party is made up, and who's in charge?

Because doesn't it seems like whoever is running the party is actually running the country? What's this person's name? Who put them in charge? To whom or what are they accountable?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by TheCatt »

I'd like to know who's running the Biden administration.