United Airlines

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

Blocks teenage girls from flight for wearing leggings.

Images of leggings. Might not be SFW depending on your environment.
That policy also bars midriff-baring tops, attire that reveals undergarments or is designated as sleepwear or swimwear, mini-skirts, shorts that fall less than 3 inches above the knee or dirty or torn clothing.
Who knew? Seriously, I've flown my whole life and I've never been aware of a dress code. I mean, I assume you couldn't display your genitalia, but aside from that, be comfortable.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Two teenage girls wearing leggings were barred from boarding a United Airlines (UAL.N) flight on Sunday because they did not meet a dress code for special pass travellers, a company spokesman said amid a furore on social media.
United pass travellers are typically company employees or their friends or family members.
These were girls flying for free, and United has a dress code for those people, this doesn't apply to paying customers at all.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

I saw the special pass thing, but I didn't look into it.

That makes more sense.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

I'm, not saying that I stare at women in the gym, I really don't.

But who invented the yoga pants/leggings trend really needs a a nobel prize.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: But who invented the yoga pants/leggings trend really needs a a nobel prize.
Agreed.

Although, like bikinis, there are some women that wear them that shouldn't.
Vince

United Airlines

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I saw the special pass thing, but I didn't look into it.

That makes more sense.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with this.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

United Airlines

Post by Troy »

I was with United on the "leggings" crisis.

Less so when they made me eat change fees after forcing me to switch flight times.

Then I woke up this morning to find they had overbooked a flight, and wanting to make room for employees to make a connection, they tried to get people to take a voucher. Instead of raising the dollar value, they decided to go straight to kicking motherfuckers off the plane to make room.

One of the passengers refused, doctor, patients to see in the morning. They forcibly remove him. It wasn't pretty, they literally had to roughly drag him off the plane. Gave him a good smash in the face from the armrest.

He somehow dashed back onto the plane after being bodily thrown off. Look at him post whatever-the-fuck:

Looks like a dude whose been to prison for the first time. Possibly the worst PR mess-up i've ever seen. "Hey Pepsi, hold my beer! -United"
Last edited by Troy on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

And they will keep filling flights because people don't actually stick to their ideals, so no lessons will be learned by the abusive company.

I'm driving to Utah this year, btw.
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Fuck United.
Malcolm

United Airlines

Post by Malcolm »

I can't fly them any less than I already do.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

United Airlines

Post by Malcolm »

Thus far, united has admitted zero wrongdoing as far as I can tell. Their PR department is probably typing up a collective resignation.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

"This is an upsetting event to all of us here at United," CEO Oscar Munoz said in a statement. "I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers. Our team is moving with a sense of urgency to work with authorities and conduct our own detailed review of what happened."
Meanwhile, one officer involved has been suspended.

Hey CEO, get some balls.
Malcolm

United Airlines

Post by Malcolm »

Anyone want to bet the United dudes lied and said the doc was "acting suspiciously" in order to retain the aassistance of the uniformed shaved gorillas?
Malcolm

United Airlines

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote: Anyone want to bet the United dudes lied and said the doc was "acting suspiciously" in order to retain the aassistance of the uniformed shaved gorillas?
United now claims the dude was "belligerent." Hilarious.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

Someone posted this and said a United employee needed the hospital bed:

United pilot on the way to his flight:

Vince

United Airlines

Post by Vince »

Watching all this, two things become clear. If I still flew, I probably wouldn't fly United. They did and still are handling this very poorly. Second, if this were my doctor I would be finding a new one. I've seen preschoolers behave in a more mature manner. He's emotionally retarded.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

I'm enjoying the crazy people trying to argue that there's a reasonable point where an airline is justified in beating a non-violent, elderly traveler.

69 is elderly, isn't it?
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

I was talking to a co-worker this morning about this incident and I wondered why they simply didn't continue upping their offer or allow passengers to bid.

I've flown a lot and have always heard people say, "If their offer hits _____ I'm taking it."

They could also have simply said, "Instead of us raising this offer in increments for a while, let's cut to the chase. Is there a realistic offer anyone would be willing to take?"

I'd stand up immediately and say something like: "My wife and I will take the later flight in exchange for 5 open date round trip tickets between Detroit and Orlando and a meal voucher."

Maybe someone else comes in with a lower bid, like 4 round trip tickets somewhere.

Also, how shitty does that couple who got off first feel? They complied and now won't get the huge settlement this doctor is going to get.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

I'd take a beating for the 10 mill or whatever he's going to get.
Vince

United Airlines

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I'm enjoying the crazy people trying to argue that there's a reasonable point where an airline is justified in beating a non-violent, elderly traveler.

69 is elderly, isn't it?
This guy was a doctor. Many years ago I worked with digital dictation equipment. Someone at one of the hospitals was ripping the digital dictation stations off the wall (looked like phones that were hardwired to the central digital system). One of our techs was walking through the hospital with the medical records boss and there was one of the doctors pulling a unit off the wall. He didn't like them because technology was hard. This guy reminded me of that behavior. Doctors and lawyers behave in a much more entitled manner.