United Airlines

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Any MRE is better than the food they serve in coach.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

The fuck? An entire plane of people, or a dog?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

In the past week, they've killed a dog, sent another to Japan that was headed for Kansas, and now diverted a whole plane of people because a dog on board was going the wrong way.

United is the New York Jets of airlines.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

They need to pay the ground crew better, and get more competent people.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

United weighs in on the Georgia voting law:
Now, for fun, go see if you can get on a United flight without presenting ID.
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:04 pm r fun, go see if you can get on a United flight without presenting ID
maybe you don’t know the difference between a Constitutional right and a privilege.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

If requiring an ID to do a thing is immoral and racist, you can't pick and choose situations when it's ok to be immoral. Well, I mean, you can.... but you should be honest and own your immorality. I can see poor black communities having fewer opportunities to immunize, therefor, checkmate, VaxID is racist.

For another example, it's immoral for a person to murder another person. But somehow we've convinced ourselves that a group or people (government) murdering another (death penalty) isn't immoral. This is not correct, it's either Right or Wrong. At the moment we live under a system where both are true.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:42 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:04 pm r fun, go see if you can get on a United flight without presenting ID
maybe you don’t know the difference between a Constitutional right and a privilege.
I know it more than you know how to copy and paste apparently. :D

Seriously though, the R's and D's posturing over voting laws is partisan bullshit to give their party more power and nothing else. Just like this statement from United, and other companies who follow suit, is pandering to sell tickets. No publicly traded company gives a shit about anything other than keeping stockholders happy.

And for the record, there is absolutely one thing I unwaveringly believe about voting laws: You should have to show ID to vote. They're free. If you can't get one because you have warrants, then you don't get to vote. Fuck you. Also, the same people who spend so much effort driving folks around so they can vote, can do the same to get them IDs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:35 pm know it more than you know how to copy and paste apparently.
on my phone

I would support Ids if ids were basically automatic. Also, how does that help for absentee ballots? Which I think should also be automatic.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:08 pmon my phone
I figured. Old man fingers don't work well on phone screens.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:08 pm I would support Ids if ids were basically automatic. Also, how does that help for absentee ballots? Which I think should also be automatic.
'Splain "automatic".
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Automatic IDs = you don't have to go anywhere to get it.

Automatic absentee ballots - You can always vote absentee, no reason needed.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

How do they put your picture on the ID and confirm it is actually you?
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:40 pm Automatic IDs = you don't have to go anywhere to get it.
As long as the person getting the ID can be absolutely confirmed to be the person on the ID, then sure.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:40 pm Automatic absentee ballots - You can always vote absentee, no reason needed.
Sure, but you have to prove your identity.

Every single person who is eligible to vote should be allowed to vote. Is it too much to ask that we confirm they are eligible and who they claim?
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Topical.
168994023_10218967053989344_700527452088829464_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Privileges vs rights. And I've done 7 of the things on the left without an ID.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

How does one confirm you have the right?