California Abducted Mom

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

California Abducted Mom

Post by Leisher »

This smells fishy.

She's abducted for days then released? Beaten with no motivation? Very strange.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: California Abducted Mom

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, does seem possible, but also suspicious.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Women get kidnapped sometimes. Women also tell huge lies sometimes. No bet.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I find it weird her abductors are Hispanic women. No mentions of rape that I've seen.

"Let's just grab a cracker, beat her up for a bit, then let her go." Really? Risking years in prison for...?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Classic investigative technique for the cops to say they have no reason to disbelieve her story. I always think about the wacko chic that drove her three kids into the lake to drown when I see police talking like this. That chief of police did the same with her before coaxing a confession out of her.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I always think about the wacko chic that drove her three kids into the lake to drown when I see police talking like this.
Susan Smith.

I always invoke her name when the kids are driving my wife crazy. "Don't Susan Smith them!"
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
I always think about the wacko chic that drove her three kids into the lake to drown when I see police talking like this.
Susan Smith.

I always invoke her name when the kids are driving my wife crazy. "Don't Susan Smith them!"
That's her.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So since nobody else is saying it...

Pretty white woman.
Two Hispanic female suspects.
No robbery or any sort of motivation so far.

Why haven't we heard the terms "racism" or "hate crime" yet?

Oh yeah, because she's white and everybody LOVES white people so they can't be the victims of hate crimes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh... actually... speaking of racism and hate crime:
Bosenko confirmed reports that negative comments about Hispanics were posted online under Papini's maiden name. Bosenko did not explain where these comments were posted or what exactly was said.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I still fail to see the point in beating the shit out of someone for days, not demanding ransom, then spontaneously letting them go. She either knows them or they're random psychos with very poor planning skills. You'd expect people in the latter category can't be that hard to find.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'd have to see those negative comments. To many in the MSM that could simply mean not admitting that all illegals should get legal status yet still not pay taxes.

Also, her comments still don't eliminate the possibility of hate by others.

If you beat someone for days, you don't like them...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:If you beat someone for days, you don't like them...
Everyone loves to play the Cleveland Browns, though.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:So since nobody else is saying it...

Pretty white woman.
Two Hispanic female suspects.
No robbery or any sort of motivation so far.

Why haven't we heard the terms "racism" or "hate crime" yet?

Oh yeah, because she's white and everybody LOVES white people so they can't be the victims of hate crimes.
I'm more interested in truth than a tit for tat on this. Not that you're incorrect that if the races were reversed it would be an automatic civil rights investigation.

But this really is a weird case. What is the motivation here? It really doesn't seem like a run of the mill hate crime. Usually the racist in those cases finds a target and does whatever and it's over with a few minutes usually. In the heyday of the KKK it's an evening of torture and maiming ending with a hanging, but everyone is home for a good night sleep to be ready for their day in the morning. 22 days seems very personal. We're probably dealing with a serious psychological issue here, or some connection between the woman and her abductors that we don't know about. And why let her go after 22 days? Did her abductors hide their identities with masks or something.

I'm still on the side of "this story really doesn't smell right".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm more interested in truth than a tit for tat on this. Not that you're incorrect that if the races were reversed it would be an automatic civil rights investigation.
I want the truth too as this is a fascinating case, but I had to point out the difference in coverage. Imagine if this was a black woman and her captors were white. This would be getting a lot more coverage because racism sells. We'd be seeing tons of op-ed pieces about how whitey needs to stop being so racist. (Told this to a black friend and he said, "Nah, we never would have known the black woman was missing." I laughed, and sadly, he has a point on that too.)

Back to the case, it's so fucking weird. They had to feed her and give her water to keep her alive. Yet they beat her. They didn't rob her or rape her (that we've heard so far). Her captors were two Hispanic women. And they just let her go?

New detail: She was branded with a "message".

Unless she fucked someone's man and it says "whore", this is looking more and more like a hate crime. Maybe because she was white or pretty or in shape or whatever...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was about to suggest she slept with the wrong gardener but then you beat me to it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I want the truth too as this is a fascinating case, but I had to point out the difference in coverage. Imagine if this was a black woman and her captors were white. This would be getting a lot more coverage because racism sells. We'd be seeing tons of op-ed pieces about how whitey needs to stop being so racist. (Told this to a black friend and he said, "Nah, we never would have known the black woman was missing." I laughed, and sadly, he has a point on that too.)

Back to the case, it's so fucking weird. They had to feed her and give her water to keep her alive. Yet they beat her. They didn't rob her or rape her (that we've heard so far). Her captors were two Hispanic women. And they just let her go?
Agreed. This is really weird. I suspect there are reporters that are like us and feel like there's a lot more to this story than we're hearing. Unless it turns out that it really is just some weird assed hate crime that really makes no sense, I think they'll get to the truth and we will hear about it. If the truth just makes a couple of Hispanic women look bad, it'll be a blurb.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

"Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multicolored bruises, severe burns, red rashes and chain markings," he said
Among her injuries, Papini, a 34-year-old mother of two, had a message branded on her, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko told ABC News
Article
TheCatt
Site Admin

California Abducted Mom

Post by TheCatt »

Another update, kinda
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office told ABC News that while the investigation into Papini's alleged abduction is still "open and ongoing," the community should not be concerned by potential kidnappers on the loose."

“There should not be a public safety or a personal safety concern by the public regarding this case,” Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said.
Leisher
Site Admin

California Abducted Mom

Post by Leisher »

Interesting. Did she do it to herself?

I'll bet it gets more coverage if it turns out she blamed a minority for something she did herself.