Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:08 pm JFC
A police officer had the Uvalde school shooter in his rifle sight before the gunman entered Robb Elementary School but didn’t fire because he believed he needed permission to take the shot, a report found.
“The [Uvalde police] officer, armed with a rifle, asked his supervisor for permission to shoot the suspect. However, the supervisor either did not hear or responded too late,” the report said. The officer turned to get confirmation from his supervisor, according to the report, but by the time he turned back, the suspect had entered the building’s hallway.
Good news, assuming this is accurate, he did not have a chance after all, and had a teacher in his sights.
Instead, the committee found that the officer was aiming at a school coach helping students get out of harm's way and that the cop mistaking the coach for the suspect had requested permission to pull the trigger from his sergeant, who hesitated when he saw children in the line of fire, according to the committee.

The initial account that the officer had an opportunity to shoot the gunman outside the school -- widely covered by news media outlets, including ABC News -- was part of an assessment of the police response made public on July 6 by the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training Center at Texas State University in San Marcos.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

How many other cop shops are run like Uvalde? Probably a lot more than what the government wants you top think. This is thanks to terrible hiring practices and chiefs that are politicians and not cops.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:58 pm How many other cop shops are run like Uvalde? Probably a lot more than what the government wants you top think. This is thanks to terrible hiring practices and chiefs that are politicians and not cops.
One interesting thing I learned the other day. England, for example, basically has a much more consolidated police force, with fewer departments, etc (Wikipedia says about 45). The US has 18,000.

As such, per the podcast, England's policing is much more consistent than that of the US, or something like that. It was a while ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

But does England have the proper diversity numbers to keep the PC crowd satiated? That's what matters here in the U.S. Nobody cares if the best people are being hired.

It would be interesting if the U.S. went to a state driven system that worked like the post office (which is how I think England's works) with federal guidance, but no federal authority outside of some very limited areas of overview. Instead of Buttfuck, AL having a police department, it would be a state precinct IF it needed one.

The opposition to such a thing would come from towns that get a large portion of their revenue from their police.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

This ride seems dumb and tone deaf, but also kinda neat.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/07/icon ... ction-ld1/
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I'm not sure I agree on "tone deaf", but I do understand the sentiment and would have delayed launch for another 6 months to a year.

However, we can't just pretend guns don't exist or never existed. That they aren't a part of pop culture.

I still see NASCAR ads even though drunk drivers kill FAR more people each year than those killed in mass shootings.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Uvalde shooter's mom gets confronted by victim's family.

That's a video story and I didn't bother watching it. Here's all you need to know:
'You have no right to judge my son': Uvalde shooter's mom to victim's family
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:45 am 'You have no right to judge my son': Uvalde shooter's mom to victim's family
Da fuq?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

It made her son's insanity a bit more understandable.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Mass stabbing at NC school.

I hope everyone we know there and their loved ones are safe.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Russian gunman kills 11 in school shooting.

That already makes him more effective than Russia's forces in Ukraine. (Too soon?)
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

CNN, who has very strongly fought against gun rights for years now, celebrates the new trend of gun ownership among liberals, women, and minorities.

I guess gun ownership is only bad for white males.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Ahem.

STRAIGHT white males.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Shooting at a Toledo high school football game.

It was outside the stadium. There are cops at every entrance and they do metal detectors and bag checks.

These facts have not stopped people on Twitter from immediately politicizing this and attacked Gov DeWine's (stupid) unregistered carry law. They're acting like this was a mass shooting. It wasn't.

Apparently a mom, kid, and cheerleader were shot by kids from the other school. Two have been caught, two more still at large. No motive yet, but this was not a mass shooting incident.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

turns out the great grandfather of the driver voted republican once, so. obviously