Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:15 am School shooting averted.
Someone never learned how to keep a secret.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Screams "I see myself doing it but can't stop myself, please stop me."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, better this cry for attention than the one that is the actual shooting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Just in case you don't think the left participates in misinformation and propaganda, go read the responses to this tweet. Holy fuck! These people know NOTHING about guns and I don't know where their information comes from, but where ever it is it should be shut down like we shut down Russia's propaganda outlet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Unless she has anything intelligent to say, she doesn't need a Twitter account.

Checkmate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Did you read some of the comments from the anti-gun folks. Reminds me of post-WWI Germany and how the people in charge were blaming the Jews for the loss and their destroyed economy. Facts and logic be damned, people need a scapegoat and the real problem is too difficult to fix AND makes the people in charge look bad.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:29 am Did you read some of the comments from the anti-gun folks. Reminds me of post-WWI Germany and how the people in charge were blaming the Jews for the loss and their destroyed economy. Facts and logic be damned, people need a scapegoat and the real problem is too difficult to fix AND makes the people in charge look bad.
I didn't realize there was a tweet. The account was suspended before I could see it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I wonder why it was suspended? The tweet had something like 250K likes.

All of the anti-gun comments were very ignorant:
-Lots of "assault rifles" comments.
-"Ban AR-15s and this stuff won't happen." (Yes, because other guns don't exist.)
-The vast majority do not understand the difference between automatic and semi-automatic.
-A shitton of "if you need an AR-15 to hunt, you're a bad hunter".
-Dozens upon dozens of comments about how if you shot a deer with an AR-15 they would be pretty much nothing left to eat and certainly no head to mount.
-In that same vein, claims that the kids at Robb Elementary couldn't be identified easily because the AR-15 is "so powerful" that it left their bodies mangled messes.
-The entire thread not understanding that the overwhelming majority of mass shootings are not carried out with AR-15s.
-Not a single anti-gun person acknowledging any of the pro-gun people saying the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting.
-Too many comments to count about how the AR-15 shoots "9 bullets a second" and other such nonsense.
-Tons of comments saying only handguns, shotguns, and rifles (often called sniper rifles by these folks...) should be legal as they're all "less powerful and cannot fire as quickly as an AR-15".
-A lot of shots at hunters' manhood just because they hunt.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, mentioning anything about how mental illness is rampant in our society and our mental health care system was dismantled.

Misinformation is a serious issue plaguing the U.S. populace right now and nobody is doing shit about it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

The reason you don't deer hunt with an AR-15 is because

1. You don't want to be 300 yards away when you shoot it. You'll never find it.
2. Compared to a shotgun slug at 75 yards, the AR-15 round does very little damage if you don't hit a bone. It'll probably run a very long way, and you'll most likely never find it. If it dies at all, it'll never be found and rot right there.

My schoolteacher gf really hates AR-15s, and school shootings really shake her. She asked why it would be my home defense weapon of choice, and I told her that because of the military it's the weapon with which I'm the most proficient.

100 million+ legal gun owners in this country, and the number of them who murder is so small as to be statistically zero. But that kind of factoid doesn't help, so I keep my mouth shut with her.

A lot more lives would be safe banning other things. Guns may not even crack the top 10.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Top ten leading causes of death in the U.S.

In 2020, 45,222 people died to guns in the U.S. 54% were suicides. 3% other, which is accidental discharges and whatnot.

Approximately 95,000 people die in the U.S. annually due to alcohol related issues.

You want to take away stuff people don't need that kills innocent people each year, let's start the conversation with alcohol.

We can make it illegal so nobody can get it anymore like we did with drugs!
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Propaganda. I'd love to see him shoot a .357 or a shotgun to compare them to the AR-15 he shot that he apparently thought was a howitzer.

Also, isn't he sort of making an argument that they're a BAD gun to use for a shooting considering it's so "disorientating"?

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

5 sentences, and 3 of them are bullshit.

I'll start and stop witht he first sentence:

"The recoil bruised my shoulder."

The free recoil of an AR15 is around 3.5 foot-pounds.
Our first day on the range, the Drill Sergeant was introducing us to the M-16. He told us the M-16 had very mild recoil, and proceeded to demonstrate. He tipped his head back, placed the butt of the rifle on his forehead, and fired off a 5 round burst. His head never moved.
I care not a whit for Gersh's professional opinion about rifles. He has some serious problems if firing one fucked him up that bad. He might possibly have ovarian cancer.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

ANd if he's not a lefty, and brass is flying past his face, AND HE CAN ACTUALLY SEE IT, he's doing something very wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:22 pm He has some serious problems if firing one fucked him up that bad. He might possibly have ovarian cancer.
This had me laughing pretty good.
GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:22 pm I care not a whit for Gersh's professional opinion about rifles.
The problem is a lot of people read that and took it as absolute fact. Same with the stuff from that twitter thread I had posted. This is so much misinformation keeping people divided that it's almost impossible to have a logical educated opinion if your facts come from the MSM and not experience.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Well, they're wrong, but the counter is actually pretty good.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:13 pm Well, they're wrong, but the counter is actually pretty good.
Sounds like they are making the same argument, not a counter.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:19 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:13 pm Well, they're wrong, but the counter is actually pretty good.
Sounds like they are making the same argument, not a counter.
Meh, semantics. That's what I meant.

Ds and Rs in the Senate seem to have reached an agreement on a gun reform package.

I do not object to anything in it and actually think it falls short of what we need. And I say this as someone who thinks a person should own a bazooka or minigun if they want one.

Also, I love this bit of sexism:
Closing the so-called boyfriend loophole
In the era of Amber Heard, maybe we can stop labeling things in such a stereotypical fashion?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Jesus fuck.