Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I still say that a 45 year old retired Marine sitting in a closet every school day with an AR-15 would be much more effective at stopping shootings than the local police or a safety officer. And you'd have tons of volunteers to do it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:51 pm I still say that a 45 year old retired Marine sitting in a closet every school day with an AR-15 would be much more effective at stopping shootings than the local police or a safety officer. And you'd have tons of volunteers to do it.
You got 2 million spare Marines? I guess I was assuming 1 per classroom. 130,000 schools. Some quite large.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Why one per classroom? That's too many Marines. One's enough. Maybe with a dog.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

It's fake... but... feels like the same thoughts + prayers every time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Timeline
Ramos shot his grandmother Tuesday morning and drove her truck to Robb Elementary School, crashing the vehicle into a nearby ditch at 11:28 a.m., according to the timeline laid out by Mr. Escalon. He then began shooting at people at a funeral home across the street, prompting a 911 call reporting a gunman at the school at 11:30. Ramos climbed a chain-link fence about 8 feet high onto school grounds and began firing before walking inside, unimpeded, at 11:40. The first police arrived on the scene at 11:44 and exchanged gunfire with Ramos, who locked himself in a fourth-grade classroom. There, he killed the students and teachers.

A Border Patrol tactical team went into the school an hour later, around 12:40 p.m., and was able to get into the classroom and kill Ramos, Mr. Escalon said.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

If they're going to overturn RvW because they're becoming Constitutionalist all of a sudden, I can't see anyone making serious moves on the 2nd Amendment. Congress could conceivably repeal it, though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 am If they're going to overturn RvW because they're becoming Constitutionalist all of a sudden, I can't see anyone making serious moves on the 2nd Amendment. Congress could conceivably repeal it, though.
On the basis on which they are looking to overturn RvW, they would get rid of guns completely, and make people use muskets.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:07 am https://www.theonion.com/
The U.S. has a LOT of guns, but others countries have them too.

I wonder why we have so many school shootings while other countries don't? It clearly has absolutely nothing to do with access to guns.

Another day, another mass shooting...oh wait, a legally armed civilian was there and killed the gunman.

Too bad she wasn't on the police force in Uvalde.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:36 pm The U.S. has a LOT of guns, but others countries have them too.
Yemen is a literal hellhole.
Leisher wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:36 pm Another day, another mass shooting...oh wait, a legally armed civilian was there and killed the gunman.

Too bad she wasn't on the police force in Uvalde.
I was going to say the same.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

11:27 a.m.: Video shows that an exterior door to Ross Elementary School that gunman Salvador Ramos entered was propped open by a teacher.

11:28 a.m: Ramos crashes a vehicle near the school into a ditch, gets out and begins firing upon two people who came outside to see the crash near a funeral home. Civilians are not struck by gunfire. The teacher runs to a room to get a phone, returns to the door, and the door remains open.

11:30 a.m.: The first 911 call is made to Uvalde police reporting a car crash and a man with a gun outside the school.

11:30 a.m.: The US Marshals Service says it received a call from a Uvalde police officer requesting assistance.

11:31 a.m.: The shooting suspect reaches the last row of cars in the school parking lot and shooting begins outside of the school. Patrol vehicles reach the funeral home, and a patrol car drives by shooter, who is hunkered down by another vehicle.

11:32 a.m.: The suspect fires at the school.

11:33 a.m.: The suspect enters the school and begins shooting into a classroom. He shot more than 100 rounds.

11:35 a.m.: A total of seven officers are on the scene, and three officers enter the school, later followed by an additional team of three more officers and a sheriff. Two of the initial officers received grazing wounds from the suspect while the classroom door was closed.

11:37 a.m.: Sixteen rounds were fired from 11:37 a.m. to 11:44 a.m.

11:43 a.m.: Robb Elementary announces on Facebook that "Robb Elementary is under a Lockdown Status due to gunshots in the area."

11:51 a.m.: More officers arrive.

12:03 p.m.: As many as 19 officers are in the school's hallway.

12:03 p.m.: A girl in room 112 of the school makes a 911 call.

12:10 p.m.: A 911 call is received from the same girl in room 112, reporting multiple people are dead.

12:13 p.m.: The girl makes another 911 call.

12:15 p.m.: Border Patrol's tactical unit BorTac team arrives on scene.

12:16 p.m.: The same girl makes another 911 call, reporting there were “eight to nine students alive."

12:17 p.m.: Robb Elementary announces on Facebook: "There is an active shooter at Robb Elementary. Law enforcement is on site. Your cooperation is needed at this time by not visiting the campus. As soon as more information is gathered it will be shared. The rest of the district is under a Secure Status."

12:19 p.m.: A different 911 call is received from a caller in room 111, but the caller hung up after another student told them to.

12:21 p.m.: Suspect fires again.

12:21 p.m.: Another 911 call is received, and three shots fired are heard.

12:21 p.m.: Officers move down the hallway.

12:36 p.m.: There is a 911 call that last 21 seconds, with a student saying, "he shot the door."

12:43 and 12:47 p.m.: 911 caller says "please send police now."

12:46 p.m.: 911 caller can hear police next door.

12:50 p.m.: Shots are heard being fired over the 911 call.

12:50 p.m.: Law enforcement breach door using keys from janitor and kill suspect.

12:51 p.m.: On 911 call, it sounds like officers are moving children out of the room.
JFC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:39 pm Yemen is a literal hellhole.
Weird flex on a list with over 200 countries. What have you got against Yemen?

That whole timeline is an absolute shit show. A total failure at every level.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:14 pm What have you got against Yemen?
Lawless shithole country that's been in civil war for the past 8 years.

It was closest to the US on the guns per capita.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:13 pm Lawless shithole country that's been in civil war for the past 8 years.
And still no school shooting problems.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

No schools.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Twitter thread showing that the first responding cops had full active shooter training two months ago. They responded to this situation by doing the opposite of everything they were taught. Not only taught, but agreed to do when they took the job. None of them should have jobs, and I hope all face charges.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

You know this one broke some minds over at CNN.

What example should we look to for gun law reform? Florida Republicans
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:28 am You know this one broke some minds over at CNN.

What example should we look to for gun law reform? Florida Republicans
I saw that, and was like "Where am I?" On the other hand, I wonder if the current FL Republican governor supports it. The one who signed it was on his way out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

It's not a bad law. I'm more than willing to make it even stricter, but I also believe if someone wants a minigun, they should be able to own it.

School shooting averted.