Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

A violent thief is dead, no real loss, but this was excessive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

You say excessive, I say thorough.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

I'm not going to watch that, as I don't like seeing people die, but as long as the thief is dead, the world is better.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

That dude has been dreaming of the day he'd get to kill someone for a long time.

Slides the gun away from the (probably already dead) thief, then puts one more in his head point blank? The threat was neutralized. And he kept going.

Ya, excessive. Again, he's wanted to be able to kill someone for a long time. This dude is dangerous.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

He felt his life was in danger. You're not supposed to draw, otherwise. And as his life was in danger, he emptied the mag to be sure.

Do you think most police departments don't have that exact same policy?

There's a really easy way to ensure you're not shot and killed while robbing a restaurant.

And besides, I have a feeling that wasn't that guy's first rodeo. It was probably more "here I go Killin again," than, "I finally get to kill someone."
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Heh, just learned the goblin didn't even have a real gun.

And the dude hasn't been charged because it was a clean shoot under.texas law.

And the dude KNEW he was robbing a restaurant in the USA where everyone has a gun, and is usually pretty pissed off. Just stupid all around.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

And in fucking Texas where everyone has two guns.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:24 am Do you think most police departments don't have that exact same policy?
No, they do not. Two shots is the general rule. You're certainly not allowed to put one more in them after shooting them multiple times and then disarming them. Cops also get tested and rated for their shooting abilities all the time, which are kept on file and then used in court against them.

Just saying.

That all being said...
GORDON wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:31 am And the dude KNEW he was robbing a restaurant in the USA where everyone has a gun, and is usually pretty pissed off. Just stupid all around.
Yep. End of the day, humanity wins because this idiot's DNA is out of the pool.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:13 pm No, they do not. Two shots is the general rule.
Can you find me some literature on that? Because google says it's way more than that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+man ... UTF-8#ip=1
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I know what cops have told me. I didn't print out hard copies of everything I've been exposed to my whole life thinking, "Some day I'll know a guy who is super bigoted against cops and this will come in handy."

I'm not interested in yet another thread turning into an anti-cop discussion. Sorry, you'll just have to go to your "copsareliterallyworsethanhitler" subreddit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I didn't expect you to have pamphlets or training manuals, I just thought you had more than hearsay.

I think you're factually wrong on this one, and being anti-cop has nothing to do with it. The topic is whether the diner shooter was excessive, and I argued he was not, and suggested police have the same "put him down" policy. I supplied some evidence to support my argument, you have not. I totally scored and hit a home run. You set up your house of cards, and they fell like dominos. Checkmate.

Don't get mad at me, I'm asking you to prove me wrong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Well, ten years ago we decided to humor people saying "I don't feel safe" instead of openly mocking them, or declaring them children and confining them to.... I don't know, parental custody? to raise them better. So if a college student ten years ago can feel unsafe being exposed to an idea he doesn't want to hear, what kind of shit is he voting for at 29 years old? It could be that a 6 year old can use deadly force when he hears an idea that makes him feel unsafe.

I feel kind of smug I was calling this exact shit decades ago when I saw how insanity was being tolerated.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:10 pm Don't get mad at me, I'm asking you to prove me wrong.
I avoided even looking at your response until today as I just wanted to enjoy my Sunday. Anyway, I wasn't mad at you. I just didn't want another thread turning into an anti-cop one, which if there's a pro or anti stance to take in any way, when it comes to cops your stance is pretty predictable.

As for hearsay, it's not like I have cop manuals sitting around. I have been told many times that two shots is the rule. Now, was that department specific? Could have been. I know that a cop's shooting skills and numbers of shots taken are absolutely things that get discussed in court and by internal reviews of incidents. Point being, panic shooting is not allowed and neither is excessive shooting. For example: Imagine if that guy in the video was a cop and he disarmed the perp, then put one more in him for giggles. That's where this shooting got excessive, and I truly think it could be argued where it went from self-defense to murder.
GORDON wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:55 pm Well, ten years ago we decided to humor people saying "I don't feel safe" instead of openly mocking them, or declaring them children and confining them to.... I don't know, parental custody? to raise them better. So if a college student ten years ago can feel unsafe being exposed to an idea he doesn't want to hear, what kind of shit is he voting for at 29 years old? It could be that a 6 year old can use deadly force when he hears an idea that makes him feel unsafe.
To avoid derailing this thread, I'll just say "correct".
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I'm not saying cop good cop bad.

edit - ah, fuckit. dont want to ruin any more of your days.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Called it
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

6'2? Jesus christ, I didn't know they stacked shit that high.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Hear me out, maybe it's not a gun issue, but a cultural and/or mental health issue?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Six year old had been making threats for a while
Administrators at a Virginia elementary school were warned three separate times that a 6-year-old student had a gun or was threatening people before he allegedly shot his teacher, an attorney said.

“This tragedy was entirely preventable if the school administrators responsible for school safety had done their part and had taken action when they had knowledge of imminent danger,” Diane Toscano, an attorney representing teacher Abigail Zwerner, said Wednesday. “But instead they failed to act and Abby was shot.”

A spokeswoman from the school district declined to comment, citing the school’s continuing investigation into the incident.
School administrators never do shit.