Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: NY AG is files suit to dismantle NRA.

Seems very political. If executives did things illegally, why wouldn't you go after them? Instead you're attacking the largest gun lobby in the country.
Yeah, I don't love the NRA, but feels excessive.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Increase in shootings.

A bit of a skewed headline. Get into the article and there are a lot of admissions that this is normal, experts thinking this is C-19 lockdown related, and so on.

Lots of kids being shot in the story, which is interesting. Particularly since they don't mention a certain 5 year old...again...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Increase in shootings.
"Normal yearly summer increase in shootings" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Leisher wrote: Particularly since they don't mention a certain 5 year old...again...
Literally every major news org has covered it. And he lived in bumfuck NC, not any of the cities discussed in the article.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Literally every major news org has covered it.
They did indeed, days after it happened, and after they were called out for not covering it.
TheCatt wrote: And he lived in bumfuck NC, not any of the cities discussed in the article.
But isn't that the problem with gun violence reporting, among other things? The country isn't a dozen metropolitan areas.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The country isn't a dozen metropolitan areas.
it's a lot more urban than rural, though
Leisher wrote: They did indeed, days after it happened, and after they were called out for not covering it.
So what was the point or goal in reporting it nationally?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: it's a lot more urban than rural, though
By population, yes. (Most countries are.) By most other measures, no.
TheCatt wrote: So what was the point or goal in reporting it nationally?
So what is the point or goal in reporting similar incidents nationally, but only when the races are reversed and heavily mentioning said races?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So what is the point or goal in reporting similar incidents nationally,
Find me the crazy white guy shooting a black kid and being arrested immediately report.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: So what is the point or goal in reporting similar incidents nationally,
Find me the crazy white guy shooting a black kid and being arrested immediately report.
Tough ask.

First of all, the number of black people killed by white people annually is half of the number of white people killed by black people. And of the two years of data I saw, we're only talking around 200 people. You'd think that the oppressive, racist majority would kill the minority they oppress and hate in greater numbers, but they don't. Weird.

Now you need me to remove all the headlines of cops, which is what's reported on most frequently.

Then find a similar story to the posted one, but with the races reversed. So a white guy shooting a black child, and then sticking around for the cops to come.

Again, tough ask.

So let's do this...

White guy dumb enough to stay at scene arrested for shooting and killing a black woman.

Black child murdered by likely black male and no arrested made.

Infant murdered and MSM won't even say the race of the shooters.

Black kid killed at CHOP, and the far left organizers help to ensure nobody is arrested. Something the MSM didn't really discuss.

MSM voice asking why the "woke" and white aren't more outraged when black children are murdered...by black people.

White woman arrested three days after "accidental" death of black man.

NPR asks why a white teen being murdered by a cop doesn't get MSM attention.

Unbiased watchdog calls the lack of reporting on the shooting in question (of the 5 year old) "bias by omission".

Finally, from a previous conversation:
TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Change the races of the people involved and this would have been a top story for CNN immediately. The story would have immediately pointed out the races of those involved, probably in the headline. Also, the word racism would have been peppered throughout the article.

Please don't insult yourself or me by pretending that isn't true.
This was the closest event I Could find when I searched for "crazy white man shoots black kid"
You proved the point true yourself there.

Every life senselessly taken, no matter the race, is a tragedy. I just wish our media and leaders treated them all like that, and not just the ones they can try to use politically.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

DHS says white supremacy is the "most lethal threat" to the U.S. in 2021.

They're talking about lone shooters and whatnot, but I still question their methods.

Suicide, gang violence, drunk drivers, automobiles, the food industry, tobacco, etc. will kill more people than shooters.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

A federal appeals court has ruled that the PLCCA is unconstitutional.

Long story short: The legal protections gun companies had to prevent shooting victims from suing them should not exist.

I assume this court leans left and this case will end up going to SCOTUS, meaning the true outcome won't be determined until that happens.

However, this is really interesting and applies to every U.S. citizen because of this:
The 63-page decision also took issue with arguments that the law falls under Congress' power to regulate interstate commerce.
"We hold that merely because, at some point in time, that gun passed through interstate commerce, does not give Congress perpetual authority to regulate any harm it may cause," Seletyn wrote.
I'm kind of cool if this ends up overturning Wickard v. Filburn. Obviously not directly, but if it limits Congress' power back to where it should be, that would be fine.

Imagine living in a country of united states where if you don't like the policies of one state you can just move to another...
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

What's up with China + killing children?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I like this one:
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Shouldn't this be in the Muslim peace thread?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

It could be in either. However, I have been putting all the mass shooting and mass non-shootings here, so...
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

If the killing is done to honor Allah or Muhammad, then it should be the religion thread.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

R Congressman forgets he's packing and then does something even dumber.

Ever hear the cliche about how a news agency will always interview the dumbest person around for their take on things? The theory is that the person will likely say something stupid entertaining the reader/viewer, and thus, be a win for the news agency. Ever notice how often they get AOC's comments on things? :D