Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

"Shall not be infringed" seems definitive.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am No, Catt was saying the other day that the guaranteed right to vote shouldn't require an ID, but I'm sure he doesn't feel that way about gun ownership, a guaranteed right.
Calling himself out for hypocrisy? If so, respect.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:55 am "Shall not be infringed" seems definitive.
Sure, for the well-regulated militia.
Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:56 am
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am No, Catt was saying the other day that the guaranteed right to vote shouldn't require an ID, but I'm sure he doesn't feel that way about gun ownership, a guaranteed right.
Calling himself out for hypocrisy? If so, respect.
Shades of gray are lost on some people.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I'm a militia of one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:13 am Shades of gray are lost on some people.
Shades of gray, like sarcasm, are folly on the internet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:43 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:13 am Shades of gray are lost on some people.
Shades of gray, like sarcasm, are folly on the internet.
Seriously. I tend to speak in generalities, assuming most people understand the 80/20 90/10 rules... but there's always some fucking pendant on reddit who feels like they have to chime in. STFU.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

SCOTUS will weigh in on "the right to carry a handgun outside the home."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

NC house passes bill. Sounds like it will get vetoed. In preparation for the veto they've also passed a version that does this:
The House also passed a second bill Wednesday that would tweak the pistol permit system if it ultimately survives the legislative effort to end it. House Bill 483 would also fill a North Carolina gap in the national background check system by creating a new crime: misdemeanor domestic violence.

This would be one of the most serious misdemeanors on the books in North Carolina, chargeable when someone uses or attempts to use physical force, or threatens use of a deadly weapon, against someone they’re in a relationship with, living with or share a child with.

People who commit that offense now are often charged with assault on a female instead, but adding a new potential charge will help make sure people who shouldn’t be able to buy a gun will pop on the national background check that gun stores are required to run, bill supporters said.

The loophole needs to be filled because, if the pistol permit system goes away, local sheriffs won’t run their own checks to determine whether someone should get a pistol permit. That will be done at the gun store by checking the national database.

House Bill 483 also tweaks the pistol permit process by doing away with a requirement that an applicant deliver a notarized permission to their local sheriff’s office consenting to a search of mental health records before the permit is issued.

That permission would be added to the rest of the permit application, which some counties allow to be filed out online.

The measure passed the House unanimously.
That second one makes it acceptable to me. Counties are big. Parking sucks in ours.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

What are "mental health records?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:58 am People who commit that offense now are often charged with assault on a female instead
Not a fan of this bit of sexism...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:11 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:58 am People who commit that offense now are often charged with assault on a female instead
Welcome to NC, where we still have alienation of affection laws and such.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:12 am
Leisher wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:11 am
Welcome to NC, where we still have alienation of affection laws and such.
What year is it down there? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am What year is it down there?
That was a common refrain during our bathroom bill days.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

By the way, I'm in favor of domestic violence barring someone from owning a gun, BUT I would give folks a path back requiring time, maturity, and training.

Reason being: We are all much different in our 50s than our 20s. A 20 year old is stupid and will throw hands at the drop of a hat. A 50 year old will use their words to defuse a situation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

San Jose shooter picked his targets.

Now that CNN has been caught on camera admitting they are purposely manipulating their audience (Remember the producer saying how they intentionally ran anti-Trump and pro-Biden stories, including spinning them when they could?), it makes stuff like this so much more obvious as propaganda:
The shooting is the latest example of America's gun violence scourge. It is the 232nd mass shooting -- which CNN also defines as a shooting in which at least four people were wounded or injured -- this year, according to a tally by the Gun Violence Archive. Seventeen such shootings have happened in the past week, a CNN analysis of the archive shows.
Better gun laws are absolutely needed, mainly via better background checks and database sharing, but law abiding citizens should not be punished for the actions of others.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Man uses gun truck to kill four Muslims.

This happened in the utopia of Canada.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

San Jose's mayor has a dumb idea.

He wants 99% of responsible gun owners to pay for the crimes of the 1% that aren't.

Are we also going to tax adults that consume alcoholic beverages to cover people killed by drunk drivers? How about people who sleep to cover people killed by sleepy drivers (estimated to kill as many people as drunks every year)?

Aside from simply bad leadership or because the ultimate goal is to disarm the entire populace, why do these people keep going after the law abiding gun owners instead of addressing the real issues causing all of these mass shootings?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:23 pm Are we also going to tax adults that consume alcoholic beverages to cover people killed by drunk drivers? ople keep going after the law abiding gun owners instead of addressing the real issues causing all of these mass shootings?
I'm paying a $200 annual electric car tax to pay for road repairs that 18-wheel semis cause, so fuck it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

9th Circuit issues a stay against a federal judge's ruling against CA's ban on "assault weapons".

Benitez seems to be pretty pro-gun based on this and his other rulings. I agree with him on this one and the large capacity magazines, but not the remote buying of ammo.
"Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment," Benitez said in the ruling.
That's more accurate than the anti-gun crowd wants to admit or even try to comprehend.
The ruling sparked criticism from numerous California officials, including Gov. Gavin Newsom who said the AR-15 is a "weapon of war."
So are politicians. Let's ban them as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:48 am That's more accurate than the anti-gun crowd wants to admit or even try to comprehend.
I would think a shotgun would be more appropriate for home defense, no?