Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I just read that a group called "Dancing Grannies" or something announced that some of their members were killed, and I actually took that as good news. It meant that of the 5 killed, hopefully most were NOT kids.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:52 am I just read that a group called "Dancing Grannies" or something announced that some of their members were killed, and I actually took that as good news. It meant that of the 5 killed, hopefully most were NOT kids.
Guess we don't need you to play the Trolley Game.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I mean, the elderly are worth 50 points each...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:19 pm I mean, the elderly are worth 50 points each...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

You can play a version of it here: https://www.moralmachine.net/ but for self-driving cars.

My results: https://www.moralmachine.net/results/-1786217443

Oddly, I didn't focus on some of the variables that were present: This says I prefer large people to fit people, and that simply isn't true, it just wasn't a variable I considered at all. Also, I would definitely run over criminals before I'd run over doctors. Male-Female, I would slightly run over males first, but this says otherwise, mostly because I was ignoring gender.

I basically feel that 1) people in the car should die over people out of the car, 2) older people should die before younger people, 3) criminals should died before others, and 4) I love dogs, but pets die before humans.

* edit * - Updated results, this time I fully read the scenarios, most of them time: https://www.moralmachine.net/results/-84505517
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:19 pm I mean, the elderly are worth 50 points each...
An 81-year-old man, Wilhelm Hospel, and a 79-year-old woman, Virginia Sorenson, were among the five killed, police said at a news conference. The other victims were 71-year-old LeAnna Owen, 52-year-old Tamara Durand and 52-year-old Jane Kulich.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Machine Gun Joe would be jealous of that score.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

My results were skewed because I looked at it as "There's no way the car would know the difference between an old person or a younger adult. Or a criminal and doctor", etc. It should be able to tell the difference between children and adults though.

Pretty much in all cases, the passengers die over equivalent pedestrians, equivalent pedestrians - stay in lane (regardless of ages/occupations) then fewest deaths, cat > human (because animals are always better than people).

Over all, I found it dumb because the car wouldn't have all the info we do reading the description.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm Over all, I found it dumb because the car wouldn't have all the info we do reading the description.
But maybe it would. Maybe it could quickly scan the environment and process what it perceives. Gender, size, etc should be relatively easy. It could use facial identification to pull up people's social profiles, and quite frankly, there are massive databases out there of tons of information on everyone alive.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

In the area where it asks for comments and thought processes, I asked if we should be spending more time developing a backup brake system over a "who to kill" list.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

No way a car can assume gender if humans are no longer allowed to.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:20 pm No way a car can assume gender if humans are no longer allowed to.
I mean...
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Suspect was released on November 2nd on a $1,000 bond.

Why was he arrested then? For running over a woman who is the mother of his child.

It seems like 5 people are dead and 48 other lives changed forever because the legal system sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:54 am Suspect was released on November 2nd on a $1,000 bond.

Why was he arrested then? For running over a woman who is the mother of his child.

It seems like 5 people are dead and 48 other lives changed forever because the legal system sucks.
Well, Fox News has it's new talking point for the next year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:13 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:54 am Suspect was released on November 2nd on a $1,000 bond.

Well, Fox News has it's new talking point for the next year.
For sure. Totally off topic, but I also think I saw covid deaths this year have no surpassed last year and it was posted along with Biden's quote about Trump not having a plan, but he did.

CNN will be pretty bummed when Arbery's killers are found guilty, but I'll bet within a week we see a headline along the lines of: How did the Arbery jury get it right where the Rittenhouse jury got it wrong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm Totally off topic, but I also think I saw covid deaths this year have no surpassed last year and it was posted along with Biden's quote about Trump not having a plan, but he did.
Many of those deaths were Jan/Feb. We were averaging 3k/day when Trump was president this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:13 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm Totally off topic, but I also think I saw covid deaths this year have no surpassed last year and it was posted along with Biden's quote about Trump not having a plan, but he did.
Many of those deaths were Jan/Feb. We were averaging 3k/day when Trump was president this year.
Nobody cares about the details, just that their team is "winning". Remember "1 million vaccines a day".
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

YES!!! They're starting to go the direction I predicted. Ban all cars! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm Arbery's killers are found guilty,
Guilty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:08 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm Arbery's killers are found guilty,
Guilty.
Correct verdict.