Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I'm a really good shot. A semi-auto would be best for me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:48 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:48 am That's more accurate than the anti-gun crowd wants to admit or even try to comprehend.
I would think a shotgun would be more appropriate for home defense, no?
Not necessarily. A handgun, shotgun, or rifle would all be the appropriate weapon given a certain situation or simply what one is familiar with or good using. (Like Gordon, I am also good with a rifle. Better than with a handgun.)

Defending your property or have long hallways? Rifle (Remember the kid in Wisconsin(?) who shot two people legally while they were attacking him? He had a rifle.)

Intruder downstairs and there's one stairway leading up to your family? Shotgun

Have to search the house room by room potentially getting close to an intruder? Handgun

A guy living in an apartment in downtown LA would probably not use an AR-15 for defense. However, a rancher in Northern CA would probably carry one all the time to shoot cougars, wolves, etc. threatening his whatever the fuck ranchers in CA have.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

11 "heavily armed" men capture in MA en route to ME for "training"
The incident unfolded around 1:30 a.m. when a state trooper came across a group of 8 to 10 people refueling on the side of the I-95 highway in Wakefield, a suburb of Boston. The group was dressed in military-style uniforms, carried tactical gear like body cameras and helmets and had long guns slung over their shoulders.

They told officials they were on their way to Maine from Rhode Island for "training," Col. Christopher Mason said.

Officials said they made two initial arrests and the rest of the group, which calls itself "Moorish American Arms," fled into a wooded area. As a result, a stretch of I-95 was closed and shelter-in-place orders were set for people who live nearby.
From another article
The individuals are members of Rise of the Moors, a group who identify as Moorish Americans.

“The Moorish sovereign citizen movement is a collection of independent organizations and lone individuals that emerged in the early 1990s as an offshoot of the antigovernment sovereign citizens movement, which believes that individual citizens hold sovereignty over, and are independent of, the authority of federal and state governments,” the Southern Poverty Law Center says of the movement. “Moorish sovereigns espouse an interpretation of sovereign doctrine that African Americans constitute an elite class within American society with special rights and privileges that convey on them a sovereign immunity placing them beyond federal and state authority.”
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Like... Moor-Moors?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

This is an unexpected headline.

So, uh, do we need to ban rocks?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

No. We need to ban Rust. Obviously these people play too much Rust. Where else would people learn to attach a man with a gun, with rocks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently ammo is still amazingly scarce everywhere still? Asked a friend about meeting up to shoot, and he said "Sure, just bring whatever ammo you want to shoot, cuz there is none"

It's gone... everywhere. Worse than a year ago.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Here to post this before Leisher does: Bow + arrow attack in Norway
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Not going to lie, it's awful what he did, but also impressive.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Bowmen are well known to be decent on attack, but weak on defense. Any generic, basic warrior could easily take him out in grappling range.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

"People own guns because they are making up for issues in their pants!"

Science says nope.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:05 am "People own guns because they are making up for issues in their pants!"

Science says nope.
lolololol
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I love that they actually did the research.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I'm pro gun, but I am also very much against just anyone owning or using a gun.

For example...I give you Steven Segal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Another mass vehicular homicide.

Place your bets on motive:
-Idiot
-Old
-Specific target
-Insane person getting "revenge" for Rittenhouse verdict
-Other
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Insane. Not old.

I’m going with terrorism or rittenhouse related.

Your bets?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I almost put this into the Peaceful Protesting thread, so Rittenhouse related/terrorism.

Although, upon seeing a video, I don't think it's possible to rule out any of the other possibilities. This person drove by a LOT of easy targets.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

The indications are the Waukesha suspect was fleeing another incident when he drove into the parade route, according to multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the preliminary investigation findings.

While early in the investigation, there is no known connection to international or domestic terrorism, and it does not appear to be connected to the Kenosha verdict, the sources said.
So just a common criminal who made a bad turn?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:06 am
The indications are the Waukesha suspect was fleeing another incident when he drove into the parade route, according to multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the preliminary investigation findings.

While early in the investigation, there is no known connection to international or domestic terrorism, and it does not appear to be connected to the Kenosha verdict, the sources said.
So just a common criminal who made a bad turn?
According to Twitter the driver is a black guy, so the optics look really bad. However, I've also heard there were two other guys in the car with him, which would explain the "person of interest is in custody" and not "the driver" because all three ran. That would also give weight to what you quoted as if it was an intentional incident the driver would more than likely have been alone in the car.

For this to happen in Wisconsin, right after the verdict, with the races involved... That's just bad timing.

Still, saying everything is as we're hearing, death penalty. This subhuman sack of shit figured it was better to run over children than for him to be caught and go to jail. Society doesn't need his DNA or contributions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:27 am Still, saying everything is as we're hearing, death penalty. This subhuman sack of shit figured it was better to run over children than for him to be caught and go to jail. Society doesn't need his DNA or contributions.
Agreed.