Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:36 pm for some reason racism against Asians in a hot topic right now.
Coronavirus.
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:36 pm He is saying it's race motivated.
I saw a video that looked like this description, they were white.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:46 pmCoronavirus.
Aren't they a year late on this? Also, can we disqualify these types of people, since they're the same as the ones who stopped drinking corona beer?
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:46 pm I saw a video that looked like this description, they were white.
The article mentions no video. Also, I've seen numerous videos of Uber drivers being abused over the years, including one where three white women try to steal the driver's phone. Point being, is that video time/date stamped?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:54 pm The article mentions no video. Also, I've seen numerous videos of Uber drivers being abused over the years, including one where three white women try to steal the driver's phone. Point being, is that video time/date stamped?
I dunno, I didn't look closely enough, but as I understood it it was a new this week thing.
Same incident, here's the video. They are not white.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:15 pm They are not white.
And that's probably why that news site did not mention their race.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Latest side effect of diabetes: Racism
The incident occurred Thursday before the Norman High School-Midwest City quarterfinal game in Sapulpa as "The Star-Spangled Banner" began to play. The broadcasters told listeners on the NFHS Network stream they would return after a break and then one, apparently not realizing the audio was live, used an expletive and the epithet as the Norman players kneeled.

"They're kneeling? [Expletive] them," one of the men said, video of which later went viral. "I hope Norman gets their ass kicked ... [Expletive] [epithet]."

The broadcaster who made the racially insensitive remarks later identified himself as Matt Rowan. In a statement apologizing, Rowan, who owns and operates the streaming service OSPN, said he is a Diabetic and that his blood sugar levels caused him to make the statements.

"I will state that I suffer Type 1 Diabetes and during the game my sugar was spiking," Rowan said a statement obtained by multiple media outlets. "While not excusing my remarks it is not unusual when my sugar spikes that I become disoriented and often say things that are not appropriate as well as hurtful. I do not believe that I would have made such horrible statements absent my sugar spiking."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

That's a lame excuse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

The Asian spa shootings yesterday weren't about racism, but rather sex.

Even knowing this, will these shootings get mentioned more in articles about racism against Asians or in articles detailing the problem of Asians being brought/sent here by other Asians to work in the sex industry?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

CNN putting all the Asian hate on whitey.
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:53 pm Even knowing this, will these shootings get mentioned more in articles about racism against Asians or in articles detailing the problem of Asians being brought/sent here by other Asians to work in the sex industry?
They're focusing on the hate, of course.

Here was news to me:
That shooting left four people -- two Asian and two White -- dead and one person injured
All the other victims haven't been identified (I have heard 6 of the 8 are Asians, but this article states they are still unknown), but half of the known victims are white. So why is this story strictly being sold as a white guy murdering Asians due to hate?

In fact, here's a fun two paragraphs that are back to back:
The suspect told police he believed he had a sex addiction and that he saw the spas as "a temptation ... that he wanted to eliminate," Cherokee County sheriff's Capt. Jay Baker said at Wednesday's news conference.

But Atlanta Police Chief Rodney Bryant said it is still too early to know a motive behind the devastating violence.
That's not stopping the MSM from giving him a motive despite his own statement that it is not racially motivated.

Society in 2021: You can't tell me what my sex is despite my physical characteristics, but I can absolutely tell you what your actions mean despite what you say they mean.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

That link doesn't take me to any tweets, just summary images of the story and a lot of shots of an Asian woman.

Also, Alexi is cute.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:41 pm That link doesn't take me to any tweets, just summary images of the story and a lot of shots of an Asian woman.

Also, Alexi is cute.
It's on page 3 of that instagram thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

This is the oldest thing I've ever said, but how do you get to page 3?

I've clicked every image. Scrolled at the way down. Nothing.

I do not use Instagram.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:01 am This is the oldest thing I've ever said, but how do you get to page 3?
lol

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

First one can't be considered racist without context.

Second one is racist. The intent might not be though. Replace "Asian" with "shut" and the tweet is fixed. It'd be like if she had said "I smell like a wet white person" instead of "like a wet dog". :D

Last one might be racist, might not. Is there more than one TA? Is that how she was easily distinguishing them? If there's only one, it's racist. If there were more than one, not necessarily racist.

Should these prevent her from ever finding gainful employment again? No.

Besides, I keep getting told that black people cannot be racist!! This is all so confusing!
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Two elderly Asians attacked in the streets of SF.

There's a point where I have to wonder if some of the attackers aren't agents of chaos. I mean, I know people are fucking stupid, but are they THIS stupid? I mean, can't you just see some idiot white dude out there attacking Asians, during this time when EVERYONE is talking about racism towards Asians, just to prove white people are racist?

Anyone hitting elderly Asian people...or any people...should just be killed. We don't need these people in our society.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Catholic school headmaster does some racist shit.

I continue to be amazed that people are so openly racist in 2021. Even if the guy isn't and was simply referencing some cultural thing he learned about African society, read the room, think about your audience, and how something might sound.

Now insert your favorite "this guy should have just stuck to molesting kids" Catholic joke.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Is anti-Semitism technically racism or just bigotry?

HS coach in Massachusetts doesn't like Jews apparently.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Anyone who doesn't believe or understand that the MSM manipulates society has their head buried firmly in their ass. That's not suggesting there's some massive conspiracy involving every newsroom, just that the people writing the stories allow their own biases and political beliefs to purposely omit facts or highlight others in an attempt to make stories fit their narrative of what's going on in society.

The video clearly shows a black man attacking that Asian woman. The video then shows another attack in a subway of a black guy knocking out an Asian guy. Black-Asian racism, going both ways, is a known thing and has been going on since forever, yet that is never mentioned nor is the word "black".

However, the writer did blame "Trump" and mention "white":
The surge in violence has been linked in part to misplaced blame for the coronavirus and former President Donald Trump’s use of racially charged terms like “Chinese virus.”
The neighborhood where Monday's attack occurred, Hell's Kitchen, is predominantly white, with an Asian population of less than 20%, according to city demographic data.
Think about how that might affect a study using key words when searching news stories...

By the way, the two security guys are worthless cowards and should be fired.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Everyone knows the black community idolizes trump, and follows his lead on almost everything.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."