Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

It was actually a couple of years ago, but just saw it today. Local dentistry place. They apologized.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

That's awesome.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Part-time court deputy makes Halloween carvings.
A part-time court deputy with the Oakland County Sheriff's Office was terminated after she was found to have posted a photo on social media showing Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Mike Pence pumpkin carvings and a Kamala Harris carving in a watermelon.
Maybe she just ran out of pumpkins?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Ha! While I was reading, I was thinking, "Ok, this is nice. Why is she in trouble...oh..."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ha! While I was reading, I was thinking, "Ok, this is nice. Why is she in trouble...oh..."
Every time I see stuff like this I'm like "Can this be real?" I just... I mean, I live in NC, I know these people are real, but still, how can this be real?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I truly believe people think they're far more clever than they believe. "Nobody will get this!" and then everyone does because it's about as unsubtle as dynamite.

Or people believe they won't get caught. Never, ever underestimate people's belief in their own bubble, and not understanding how quickly something can spread.

Plus, the average IQ being 100...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Did his Lyft driver refuse to take him to the buffet?

Also, that article starts with this:
Here’s a question I find myself asking on a near-daily basis: What the hell is wrong with white people?
Nothing ends racism like racism!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Did his Lyft driver refuse to take him to the buffet?

Here’s a question I find myself asking on a near-daily basis: What the hell is wrong with white people?
Well, it's the root, so...
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Did his Lyft driver refuse to take him to the buffet?

Well, it's the root, so...
I know where it was, and it doesn't excuse it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

White people are double bad, because when they're racist they're engaging in cultural appropriation.

I just made that up so feel free to share it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Watching a bunch of Christmas movies with the family. Currently watching Holiday Inn from 1942. I'd only seen parts of it before, and now I know why I didn't see the part that's on right now
Holiday Inn (1942), contains a musical number entitled "Abraham" with Bing Crosby performing in blackface in the style of a minstrel show. Beginning in the 1980s, this number has been cut from many TV broadcasts.
Bing Crosby in blackface. Yep. And more.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

OH ya. That movie is VERY racist. Big time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: OH ya. That movie is VERY racist. Big time.
To make up for it we watched Jingle Jangle
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Hilaria Hillary Baldwin, who has pretended to be Spanish for a decade or so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

The author of that article is pretty racist herself. I wonder if she realizes it?

I've been meaning to post this thought here:
One thing the wife and I have noticed watching sports lately, where you can't really FF through commercials, is that advertisers WAY overcorrected for the racial protests this year. Almost every commercials features a black family or interracial couple.

Clearly these are different companies and not a singular effort, but it's created an interesting world where black people are being represented as the majority, white people the minority, and nobody else exists. I guess next we need ALM and HLM movements so Asians and Hispanics can be featured in commercials too?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

An acquaintance of ours whose husband is Spanish was yelling back at people on FB cuz they were saying Hilaria was taking brown people's spots... "SPANISH PEOPLE ARE WHITE"

Ah... race.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Small school fires coach for "racist" tweet.

I'm not seeing the racism. I see stupidity and mocking of a heavy set person, but there's no racism.